User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2019 F-350 Diesel SRW with Towing package. We have a Solitude 2019 375RES right now. We are planning on going full time at the end of the year.
    We are going to trade the 375RES for a 2021 310GK. The 375 was not a problem towing, you just need a sidling hitch to clear the cab. We are going for the 310GK for the open floor plan. We find the 375 not as friendly due to the raised living room and raised bedroom. Yes we are going to loose storage, but we have never used all of the storage. So as far a towing the 310GK it is lighter than the 375RES.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    I would not be comfortable towing our 310 with a single rear wheel truck

Rob
    Any specific reason (extra tires in rear as a safety margin, or traction in crosswinds?) as we are looking at a 310GK-R pretty much same options as yours. I respect your input on the many posts I've read. SRW Longbed - dually wasn't an option as a daily driver for me. We won't be full timers but month long trips east to west are in the cards. I would be good on pin weight - about 600lbs reserve with wife and I and full tanks and assuming a reese goosebox.
    TIA
    Last edited by ajg617; 10-17-2020 at 05:02 PM.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    Any specific reason (extra tires in rear as a safety margin, or traction in crosswinds?) as we are looking at a 310GK-R pretty much same options as yours. I respect your input on the many posts I've read. SRW Longbed - dually wasn't an option as a daily driver for me. We won't be full timers but month long trips east to west are in the cards. I would be good on pin weight - about 600lbs reserve with wife and I and full tanks and assuming a reese goosebox.
    TIA
    Control, for one. We pulled a fully-loaded Reflection 337 (only 200 - 300 lbs. less on the pin than our Solitude 310) with a single rear wheel truck. We moved to the dual rear wheel truck with the same trailer and it was much more stable - especially in cross-winds and on rough, winding roads. Another big reason is in case of a rear tire failure on the truck. I wouldn't want to try to maintain control and get the rig to the side of the road from highway speed if a rear tire blew on a single rear wheel truck.

I don't know if I've posted this in this thread, but our 310 puts a little over 3,300 lbs. on the pin ready to roll.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12