User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    If you dont want to plumb a new filter in the water bay, you could purchase heat tape from a hardware store and wrap the water filter. Heat tape easily installs with zip ties and maintains 40°F. We've used it in the past at temps down to low teens without freezing, that and a heated hose of course. Although our Momentum has a water filter in the water bay, we also use a blue camco filter at the spigot.

Alternatively, you could fill the fresh water tank during the day when its warmer and run the pump at night and then disconnect your filter and hose during the night.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I thought of that. Just get some heat tape. Thought also about getting some of that foam tubing like you use on water pipes to cover insulate the heated water line. Might not be big enough to go over that external skinny filter, could cobble something together.
    The campground we are staying at in northern Indiana Oct-Dec said they were freeze proofing ( water lines deeper and insulating the faucet) their water connections on a few sites but do not have it totally done yet. They promise to have it done by the time we get there Oct 17. Normally they close down in Oct but wanted to have a few sites available through winter. If they do not get it done then stringing a few hoses together and filling the fresh tank and running off it would be the solution, that's 80 gal.

I told the wife this is going to be an adventure. Never camped in sustained 30* and lower temps. We will certainly see how the Solitude fairs in the cold weather. The things we do for family. Now this morning in south central TX its 50*, it feels cold to a South Texan! Internal RV temp is 66. Turned on the fireplace, warning it up nicely. Up there, shoot 50* is a heat wave!

Yup I am working on propane heat and attaching a 100# tank.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is what we did. We use the inline filter first, to catch any of the bigger stuff, then the more expensive one. I took a couple of screws loose in the rear wall, then drilled and bolted the larger white filter to the wall, using the mounting piece that came with it. To change it out, I just unscrew the bottom and replace the canister.

We use the trailer about 50-60 nights a year. I remove both filters when I winterize, then put new ones in when I de-winterize. I have spares of both in the parts bin, in case I were to need a fresh one mid-year.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1086D1F5-768B-4586-A3E8-CD75A79C32F7.jpeg 
Views:	37 
Size:	812.6 KB 
ID:	29847

Name:	625E31EC-6427-4557-B669-B1DA9FC1BCCB.jpeg 
Views:	30 
Size:	786.8 KB 
ID:	29848

Name:	D3B74E82-C812-4B79-9A59-E746BBFD1B4B.jpeg 
Views:	27 
Size:	695.0 KB 
ID:	29849
    Last edited by Richter; 09-29-2020 at 07:19 AM. Reason: I hate spell check...
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Richter View Post
    Here is what we did. We use the inline filter first, to catch any of the bigger stuff, then the more expensive one. I took a couple of screws loose in the rear wall, then drilled and bolted the larger white filter to the wall, using the mounting piece that came with it. To change it out, I just unscrew the bottom and replace the canister.

We use the trailer about 50-60 nights a year. I remove both filters when I winterize, then put new ones in when I de-winterize. I have spares of both in the parts bin, in case I were to need a fresh one mid-year.

Name:	1086D1F5-768B-4586-A3E8-CD75A79C32F7.jpeg 
Views:	37 
Size:	812.6 KB 
ID:	29847

Name:	625E31EC-6427-4557-B669-B1DA9FC1BCCB.jpeg 
Views:	30 
Size:	786.8 KB 
ID:	29848

Name:	D3B74E82-C812-4B79-9A59-E746BBFD1B4B.jpeg 
Views:	27 
Size:	695.0 KB 
ID:	29849
    Now that's what I like simple, yet functional. I like your trough under the dump handles, don't have that on ours.
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve,

I don't have a photo of it since we sold the Reflection, but I used a couple of brass 90 degree elbows and two short pieces of hose with connectors to move the Camco blue filter(s) and adjustable water pressure regulator inside the convenience bay. We weathered some single-digit nights that way without any issues (heated hose externally, of course).

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Steve,

I don't have a photo of it since we sold the Reflection, but I used a couple of brass 90 degree elbows and two short pieces of hose with connectors to move the Camco blue filter(s) and adjustable water pressure regulator inside the convenience bay. We weathered some single-digit nights that way without any issues (heated hose externally, of course).

Rob
    Thanks Rob. I got a little side tracked yesterday, after a cold start to the morning, the afternoon warmed up nicely and I took the opportunity to get up on the roof and wash it down and check it out. Of course all the dirt ran down the sides of the RV so I ended up washing the whole thing. Got to remove some dark streaks and use some wash wax all on it. That task was a little more important than water filter solutions. As for getting a water filter inside the bay, time is getting short to get-er-done before we travel up to cold country. We'll get something worked out.

Thanks Everybody, You Rock!

Oh, a couple of warnings, its a good idea to cut off the power at the pedestal when you are washing down the rig, especially if the rig is close to the pedestal. And never, never cut off the power or water when the wife is using it! Just Saying!
    Last edited by Steven@147; 09-30-2020 at 08:04 AM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    Oh, a couple of warnings, its a good idea to cut off the power at the pedestal when your washing down the rig, especially if the rig is close to the pedestal. And never, never cut off the power or water when the wife is using it! Just Saying!
    Lol sounds like you had and "electrical" incident and a "wife" incident at the same time! Glad you're ok.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the ideas [emoji362]!!! Just waiting on another 90 so when hose comes up it goes right to it!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200930_165735.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	48.2 KB 
ID:	29877Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200930_165741.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	29878

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Steve,

Rob
    My pressure regulator is attached to the end of the hose that goes to the first filter. It’s always inside the bay door. Protection against the elements is nice, although we don’t normally camp where it is freezing. Protection from two-legged animals is the main reason. The good pressure regulators don’t come cheap, and I protect my more expensive hardware where I can. I realize that this set-up offers no protection to the hose, but those are cheap and easy to replace if they wear out.
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrant119 View Post
    Thanks for the ideas [emoji362]!!! Just waiting on another 90 so when hose comes up it goes right to it!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200930_165735.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	48.2 KB 
ID:	29877Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200930_165741.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	29878

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    This is exactly what I was planning to do, thanks.
    But this is what I did for now. I didn't think it would fit, but it does. Still have room to pull the tank dump handles. I found the 90s at Walmart in the RV section. I'll disconnect the filter from the nautilus panel when traveling. It will work for now.

Thanks Everybody, great sharing of ideas!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2511.jpg  
    Last edited by Steven@147; 10-01-2020 at 06:30 AM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    On our 2016 Momentum, the water filter is on the COLD side to the faucets in the trailer. It does not filter everything, only the cold water from the pump or street to the faucets - presumably for drinking purposes. I believe they still do this. We installed a second filter in the bay that we plug the hose into, then it's plumbed to the water inlet on the trailer to filter everything.

Check out the entry for 17-June-2017 at http://rvhome.school/Our-RV.html
    @Steven@147, I was in the basement of our trailer yesterday and confirmed that - as I believed - the City Water inlet first directs incoming water out through the cannister filter and then back in to feed the rest of the plumbing system. All water that enters the trailer goes through the filter before it goes anywhere else, including water that's filling the fresh water tank.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12