Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Received a gracious and professional call from (general manager?) At Holland RV that was much appreciated.

He was very reasonable and our dispute per terms agreed is amicably resolved.

We will be completing both purchases at Holland and I hope my experience with the service dept is a complete opposite of the sales dept.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marlowefamily View Post
    Received a gracious and professional call from (general manager?) At Holland RV that was much appreciated.

He was very reasonable and our dispute per terms agreed is amicably resolved.

We will be completing both purchases at Holland and I hope my experience with the service dept is a complete opposite of the sales dept.

Yeah, good luck with that. I don't have any experience with that particular dealer's service department, but, based on my experience at our local GD dealer, and other reports here, dealer service departments are typically not all that great. Either in how quickly they can get you in, and how good the work is, when done.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bought our 2670MK from TrailerHitchRV. They quoted the best price and when we drove a few hours to see for ourselves, they were true to their word. I agree with the above statement, when one dealer bad mouths another, I’d walk away.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got my 381M from Trailer Hitch rv in Nipomo. They were great and beat other prices by more than $5000, also gave great price for trade in. It was a 5 hour drive to get there, but worth it. Sorry to hear about the deposit.....everything about the almighty dollar these days.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought our 399th at Holland RV in Santee 2 years ago. We told them if they wanted the sale they had to provide the hitch - our choice. We have the BW Hitch and Holland arranged the installation.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marlowefamily View Post
    Live in San Diego, put down deposit at Holland RV yesterday for two trailers.
    Received request to beat or match Holland RV from trailer hitch RV by several thousand $ today.

Told California DMV allows penalty free cancel before delivery.
    Holland RV warned me against 'shady' tactics at trailerhitchrv.

Tempted to just go with whoever is cheaper as long as savings are significant enough to be worth switching...

No idea if either dealer better than the other, or if one should be avoided....I assume rv is rv and I just have rv inspected before delivery....

Anyone with experience at southern California dealers?

I just bought mine in AZ for $3000 less than trailer hitch and $5000 less than any other dealer in California. Trailer Hitch is reputable. Id go there if my deal in Arizona wasn't so good.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you can, avoid Holland. Worse service ever. I offered 32K for a 2021 2800BH and they said due to COVID they cant take anything less than MSRP. Also, their service department is the worse. I bought the same trailer in AZ for 32K including a hitch. Great service at Lazydays in Tucson. My salesman Paris was amazing. No issues at all with the trailer during PDI. They did a very good job at prepping the trailer.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought our 2670mk from Trailerhitch. They were professional and courteous. We traveled 300 miles to buy from them because of their prices and the fact that they had the best Yelp rating in the country. They even came close to Lazydays price despite the west coast shipping. Their service department is top notch and they definitely stand behind everything they sell. I would definitely recommend them to anyone who is in the market for an RV.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holland RV refused to do warranty work on my new Momentum that I purchased elsewhere, despite being a member of the Priority RV Network (dealers that pledge to provide service regardless of where the rig was purchased). Mike Thompson RV in Fountain Valley, CA did the work, and finished it within a week.

Backstory: In June we bought a Momentum 320G from Bill Plemmons RV in North Carolina. At the time, they were the only dealer in the country with one in stock. Holland offered to take our deposit and order one for us, but said we were looking at 14-16 weeks wait. It made more sense to drive from San Diego to Raleigh-Durham NC and back to get the one we wanted right away. This also gave us the opportunity to find the before-mentioned warranty issues, and to test the Grand Design customer service (awesome, by the way!).
    Last edited by ScullerGuy; 10-11-2020 at 05:51 AM. Reason: Added backstory
    Art & Leslie
    Full-Time Since March 2016
    2019 Grand Design Momentum 320G
    2014 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn MegaCab DRW Stretched (8') Bed Cummins HO Powerplant

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Four years ago, I purchased a Keystone Passport TT from Trailerhitchrv and they were definitely far cheaper than any other dealership in Southern Calif. Sales staff was professional but had an attitude of take it or leave it to make a sale. I too was 250 miles away and it is true if you need service in a timely manner, you have to take it back to your purchasing dealer. Two local dealers gave me three month appointment schedules for warranty repair work instead of two week appointment schedule from Trailerhitchrv.

I had a good experience with Trailerhitchrv and will do business with them in the future even with the inconvenience of taking it back to them. My experience with Holland Rv is that they don't come down much from their pricing matrix, expressing high overhead costs at their dealership for reason on higher prices (My opinion, they push for highest profit margin at your supply/demand expense). Good luck!

Marcel

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast