Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: San Antonio

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

San Antonio

Hello! We are looking at spending the upcoming Feb-Jun in San Antonio Tx. Does anyone have any suggestions for full time or extended stay campgrounds? We have looked at Stone Creek and Hill Country RV resort online, but it’s always hard to get a feel for a place that way. Thank y’all!

Cheers,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good morning. I have heard this place is very nice but have not been to check it out yet. http://www.alsatianresort.com/
    It's about 10 miles west of San Antonio in Castroville.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bama Hammer View Post
    Hello! We are looking at spending the upcoming Feb-Jun in San Antonio Tx. Does anyone have any suggestions for full time or extended stay campgrounds? We have looked at Stone Creek and Hill Country RV resort online, but it’s always hard to get a feel for a place that way. Thank y’all!

Cheers,

Sorry can't help you much, only ever stayed at the Alamo KOA San Antonio. Nice place, GDRV Texas Rally held there. Next closest down that way we have stayed at is Kerrville. Hopefully other South Texans will chime in with some recommendations.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    Sorry can't help you much, only ever stayed at the Alamo KOA San Antonio. Nice place, GDRV Texas Rally held there. Next closest down that way we have stayed at is Kerrville. Hopefully other South Texans will chime in with some recommendations.
    I also liked the KOA. Bus service is right out the front gate. We went all over town using the bus system. The KOA is very nice too.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can use this site to search and drop down into the details and the parks' web sites (if they have one) to check on long-term options and rates. There are phone numbers listed for nearly all of them:

https://www.rvparky.com/

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can go to RV Trip Wizard for actual user reviews.

Better yet - check out CampgroundReviews.com They have even more reviews and details about campgrounds.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bama Hammer View Post

Cheers,

Stone Creek and Hill Country are both in New Braunfels about 30 minutes north of San Antonio. I do not recommend Stone Creek. Depending on what your interest are I would consider staying in Kerrville (Buckhorn Lake) or one of the many RV parks in Fredericksburg. There's a bunch of things to do in both of these hill country towns. You're not far from San Antonio or Austin for day trips, close to Bandera, Comfort, Enchanted Rock, New Braunfels, Gruene (Green). Just a lot more laid back area.

If you are set on San Antonio then I think the KOA would be the best bet.
    Les and Sharon Bevil
    Austin, Tx

Reflection 311BHS purchased March 2017
    Jayco 32BHDS sold March 2017
    2012 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.6 Diesel (until May 2018)
    2015 Chevrolet 3500HD 6.6 Diesel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AustexGP View Post
    Stone Creek and Hill Country are both in New Braunfels about 30 minutes north of San Antonio. I do not recommend Stone Creek. Depending on what your interest are I would consider staying in Kerrville (Buckhorn Lake) or one of the many RV parks in Fredericksburg. There's a bunch of things to do in both of these hill country towns. You're not far from San Antonio or Austin for day trips, close to Bandera, Comfort, Enchanted Rock, New Braunfels, Gruene (Green). Just a lot more laid back area.

If you are set on San Antonio then I think the KOA would be the best bet.
    I agree with AUSTEXGP. We were just at Buckhorn RV Resort in Kerrville 2 weeks ago. We always enjoy our stay there, and it is just 4 miles west of Kerrville off I -10. Easy to get to Fredericksberg, which is a Hot spot for shopping in their downtown. If you go east out of Fredericksberg, there are numerous Wine vineyards with Tasting rooms. Fredericksberg has numerous restaurants and is an old German immigrant town from the 1800's. Also has the Admiral Nimitz museum which is a Historic site and is surprisingly LARGE! Also has a couple of GOOD German Restaurants and Breweries. The Vineyards RV resort is just outside of Fredericksberg and is spacious and has all amenities you need.
    Buckhorn resort outside of Kerrville, is Beautiful and spacious, and has many Full Sites. Also has an Adult only section which fills fast. There is a section attached to the RV resort that has Stone Casitas, with concrete pads for your MotorCoach. They are Leased for 15 years, I believe. You must own a Large Class A Diesel to Lease there. The Casitas and the RV park make it an enjoyable place to stay. You will like the Hill Country. Kerrville also has shops and many restaurants to enjoy. Both towns are there for tourists.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mike and Jane, Two retired Educators/ One retired Army Aviator
    3 Mini Tri AUSIES
    2018 310 GK 2019 Chevy Duramax 3500 4W/D SRW L/B
    BW 18000 lb Hitch, BACKFLIP TONNAU

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you to everyone for the advice. We are targeting the area of northern San Antonio out toward New Braunfels. Will definitely look more closely at parks to the north toward the hill country. AustexGP, any reason you recommend against Stone Creek?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bama,
    No real reason we camped there for a wedding a few years ago. It was just one of those parks that I didn't like. The sites were gravel and unlevel, seemed like there were a lot of permanent residences, the bathrooms/showers were cramped and not particularly clean. There was very little to do at the campground and it was a distance to New Branufels and to San Antonio. Since it was in the between exits and entrances to IH35 you had to go south a good bit before you could go back north.

In looking at their website it seems like they have improved the pool area. The "big dance floor" that they advertise is probably not open due to covid.

I have noticed that the area east of the park (in Schertz) has added a few more eatery's and a couple of theater/bowling/arcade places nearby.

Just my opinion but you'll have more to do around the Fredericksburg/Kerrville area. Unless you really like bowling, movies and lazer tag. https://www.evocinemas.com/schertz

You don't say where you're traveling from but you will find Texas a big state with varying weather. It might be 90 degrees one day and snowing the next. We usually have our winter during mid-January through February then we go to summer.
    Les and Sharon Bevil
    Austin, Tx

Reflection 311BHS purchased March 2017
    Jayco 32BHDS sold March 2017
    2012 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.6 Diesel (until May 2018)
    2015 Chevrolet 3500HD 6.6 Diesel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast