User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2014 Solitude low flame on stove and fridge

Posting that I hopefully save someone some time and money. I was having a low flame on my stove and my fridge wasn't working correctly while on propane. So I just assumed it was the regulator. Replaced the auto switchover reg. Same problem.

Tried the water heater on propane and my furnace. Both worked correctly. Read where stoves have a regulator but that didn't make sense since my fridge was acting weird as well so the problem had to be somewhere in between.

Around the backside I went and there is a ball valve quick connect fitting that supplies my stove and fridge. I unscrewed it and oil started dripping out. That valve has a tiny pin hole and it was clogged with oil and who knows what else. Shot some air through it from my compressor, reassembled and everything is working as it should. And now I guess I have a spare regulator..

Hope this helps someone down the road.

jkh
    2014 Solitude 369rl
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW Aisin Trans
    Reese Goosebox

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for information. No doubt it will help someone down the road!
    2013 Ram Cummins 3500
    2019 GD 303RLS-SOLD

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In a similar vein, if fridge won't light on propane when travelling, check the hose position to make sure it does not get pinched when the slide closes. (That represents about 60 minutes of troubleshooting on my Solitude!)