User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those who have iPad/iPhone ???

I recently downloaded and installed iOS 14.0.1- the bug fix for the last update. We were having some of the difficulties with 14 noted in articles we read online (difficulties with WiFi and Bluetooth connection, rapid battery depletion, but our email and other items didn’t reset (thank goodness, that would’ve been a nightmare). However, on most of my apps I’ve been getting a pop-up asking something that is very disconcerting:

“(App title or developer) would like to find and connect to devices on your local network. This app will be able to discover and connect to devices on the networks you use.”

Call me paranoid, but I can see no positive purpose here, and I feel sorry for folks with kids who click “ok” to any pop-up because it interrupted their game-play. I can’t even begin to guess who thought this was a good idea? Anyone else notice this recently?
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not seeing that behavior on my iPhone.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had one of those messages for my garage door opener. I ignored/cleared it and the opener app still works fine. They are just trying to "help" us (dripping with sarcasm)
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCR GD View Post
    I had one of those messages for my garage door opener. I ignored/cleared it and the opener app still works fine. They are just trying to "help" us (dripping with sarcasm)
    Yeah, I just keep hitting the “Don’t Allow” button, but still have disturbing visions:
    -printer spewing garbage
    -DVR recording entire content of guide
    -thermostat up and down
    -TV on and off
    -PC starting up on its own
    Or, in your case, garage door opening/closing all night!
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L