Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

External spray hose will not connect to trailer

Hello...

We have a '17 Imagine 2150RB and I'm unable to connect the external spray hose up to the side of the trailer. We bought the trailer used late last fall and haven't used the external spray hose at all, but I went to hook it up to blow/winterize the plumbing and the hose will not connect to the trailer. I pull the sleeve back on the female part of the connector and then insert the male portion and it doesn't snap in. It acts like it bottomes out, but it wont snap together. Either the female part on the trailer is totally seized up or I have the wrong spray hose. Please look at the pictures and give me your opinion why the hose will not connect... I've included pictures of both connections, the one on the trailer and the one on the hose...Thanks in advance...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Male.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	29907

Name:	Female.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	29908
    David, Shar and Bejr - Boise, Idaho
    2017 Grand Design Imagine 2150RB (Madge) - Andersen WD Hitch
    2004 Ford F150 5.4 (Henry) - Procomp Lift and traction bars, 4:56 Gears, Hypertech Tuned, Banks Monster Exhaust, K&N Intake, Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    These can be a real bear to connect. Both of mine on my 2017 2670MK are hard. The biggest help - make sure there is no pressure in the lines at all. Turn off the city water or pump, and open a faucet inside.
    Use some fine steel wool to polish the brass end shown in your picture (of course, clean it real well before plugging it in!)
    This spray lubricant is probably best: https://www.acehardware.com/departme...icants/8007825
    Here's similar from Home Depot: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Super-Lu...1016/202932711
    If desperate, you could try some cooking spray, but since it is cooking oil, it will tend to gunk things up if done repeatedly or heavily.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't connected mine in a while. If I remember correctly you just need to push it in REAL HARD. No need to slid the collar back is needed to connect.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hard water also tends to freeze them up with the minerals deposits making the check nearly impossible to open. Try relieving the pressure and inserting with a healthy push. If that doesn't work, try spritzing some white vinegar in there and let it work for awhile and then try again.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Insert without messing with the collar. It should snap in there. Everytime I tried pulling the collar back to do it I couldn't get it to go in. Now I just snap it in there. Mine will go even if the system is under pressure.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone for your input.... I did try it without pressure on the system to no avail. It's good to know that you don't have to push in on the collar to insert the hose. If I can't get it to plug in I'll start with some lubes and/or vinegar..... I've been pushing in really, really hard, so hard I though I something could possibly break and fortunately hasn't yet. Our trailer is now in storage and I won't be able to attempt this again until I get it out of storage, not sure if it will happen this fall. But thanks again...!!!.. I just wanted to ensure these were the correct fittings....
    David, Shar and Bejr - Boise, Idaho
    2017 Grand Design Imagine 2150RB (Madge) - Andersen WD Hitch
    2004 Ford F150 5.4 (Henry) - Procomp Lift and traction bars, 4:56 Gears, Hypertech Tuned, Banks Monster Exhaust, K&N Intake, Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just had to deal with mine today. Got it, but it was hard as ever. Worse to unplug it. Good tip on the vinegar...I'll have to give that a try.....
    The one in the pass through was just fine, however.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take a punch or phillips head screw driver and lightly tap, should break it loose, spray with WD40 first. I use WD40 on mind regularly. just spray a little in hole. Seems to keep it working freely.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:	20201004_112726.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	29957h

I hope this picture shows. It is the label from the water port. I had this problem, just put a flat screwdriver in and bumped it with the heel of my hand. A small amount of water squirted out and the the hose connected easily
    Last edited by USA...HereWeCome; 10-04-2020 at 09:45 AM.
    2021 GD Imagine 2600RB
    2017 RAM 1500 5.7L max tow package
    Equalizer 1000 lb bars

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    From the photo there also looks like derbies in the center, Clean it and follow what USA has said
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast