User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Propane generator

A question for those with a front bedroom and a propane generator in the front compartment under the nose below the bedroom: Have you ever run the generator overnight to power ac, res fridge, etc,? Any concerns about CO?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Solitude 384 GK-R
    2017 GMC 3500 HD Denali

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabervin View Post
    A question for those with a front bedroom and a propane generator in the front compartment under the nose below the bedroom: Have you ever run the generator overnight to power ac, res fridge, etc,? Any concerns about CO?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wow no replies to this old post! I have run my Onan 5500 overnight before and had no issues with CO. I bought 2 pretty expensive ($65.00 each) carbon monoxide detectors and put 1 on the floor by the dresser and one one the floor by the pantry, they have never gone off and neither has the factory one. The Onan is very quiet from inside and it's a white noise that will help you sleep haha! Mine was dealer installed and the first time I used it the detectors did go off and the dealer re-did the exhaust system using the correct kit from GD and no more issues. I had a class C motorhome years ago and used it's Onan overnight many many times, it's hot in Texas!
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff