User Tag List

cynbark

Where to put the satellite receiver?

We are new to the forum and new to our 308BHTS TT and are in the process of "making it our own". So far we love the layout but I am looking for a place to install my satellite receiver in the main living area without the wires showing (they do drive me and the cat crazy). The 308 has a wide shelf below the TV but it is too shallow for even our small direct tv box - it will ride on this shelf but it has to sit at an angle and it sticks out pretty far. Its also difficult to keep the various cables tucked away. Has anyone worked on a mod that will re-locate the box, hide the wires and let the cat move on to bigger and better things to attack? Any ideas would be appreciated by the humans if not the animals.

I have the Solitude 368RD with the entertainment center at the middle of my baby. I had the same issue, and had gone so far as to building a black oak "stand" to elevate the TV. Well fine, but when it was time to move, that sucked as the TV wouldn't attach properly to the wall anymore, so I put the receiver on top of the entertainment center, and brought the tv back to its original locked in location. Of course running wires in the wall won't work because a board seems to be in the way so I put a couple of holes with a plug sized hole saw to the back of the cabinet inside and ran the wires down. Satellite is tucked away, no wires for the cats to attack and pretty clean behind the TV. Just need to add some black grommets whenever I get around to it.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 22RBE and looking for suggestions on where best to install the Wally Dish Receiver. The space above the microwave is obvious - but would have to bore wire holes through cabinet walls to TV space.
    Wondering if the Wally receiver has to be visible - i.e. could it be mounted Flat against the wall behind the TV - hence no boring holes?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I looked at pics for the 308BHTS and it looks similar to a previous trailer I had. I set my Directv receiver in the cabinet above the tv and drilled holes for wires to run down to tv. The wires did show coming from the overhead cabinet to the tv, but if that was an issue there are probably several ways to clean them up. I don't know what's behind the tv but maybe you could come down from the cabinet into the space behind the tv and then route cable out directly behind the tv.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you both for your replies - But I discovered that the Dish Wally receiver is RF controlled - hence I was able to just mount it flat to the back of TCL TV - tided up all the cables - all out of sight - and works great. The other option I was preparing to do was buy an Infrared signal reader button - but then learned wally is radio controlled.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a thought for the TV in the bedroom that many RV's have. Dish Network has the Joey that connect wirelessly to the main receiver. No need for running/using a second sat cable. Of course whatever satellite the primary receiver is pointed at the bedroom user has to watch that satellites programming lineup.
    2020 Solitude 372WB
    2017 F350 Superduty 4x4, Heavy Duty Tow Package
    2900 Superglide Hitch, MORryde Rubber Pinbox
    Zinny, Golden Retriever (rescue)
    Belle, Golden Retriever (rescue)

"Life With a Dog is a Gift"