User Tag List

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pulrite Capture Plate Not Staying Parallel With Kingpin While In Use................

I recently bought a new 5th wheel (29RS). I am still using my old Superglide #4100 . Works great.

The dealer installed a new capture plate to the new 5th wheel and it seemed to fit correctly.

I have noticed the the new capture plate does not stay perfectly aligned with the king pin and twists from right to left by maybe 3/4" when turning and remains "skewed" for a few miles then works it's way back parallel with the king pin.
    I can't feel any slop between the capture plate and king pin when unhitched and the Nylon bushing and set screw seem to be adjusted correctly.
    Everything is working OK it's just a little odd to see it not parallel with the King Pin

I started noticing this after I installed Pulrite's 3" lift kit. (I was towing nose low) I can now see the capture plate perfectly through the rear view mirror due to the hitch height being raised up 3".

Anybody else experience this? Is it normal? Should I be concerned?

My last trailer had the universal capture plate that was drilled and bolted on with 14 screws so there was no movement between the two.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Chem
    2020 Reflection 29RS 5th Wheel
    2019 GMC 2500 HD 4x4 Duramax

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just talked to Pullrite. They said that it should not be moving more than 1/16" of an inch. Looks like the wrong plate was ordered and installed.
    Time to call the dealer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dealer installed the wrong capture plate on mine also. I researched it and also talked with pullrite. They installed the hd version which is larger. The dealership shipped me a new one and a return label for the wrong one. Mine is very snug now. I also cut a piece of delrin to use instead of the nylon block pullrite supplies with the plate. Pulled twice so far and still rock solid.
    2019 F250 FX4 gas with puck system
    2020 Reflection 29RS
    A German Shepherd and a Wife!
    Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an appointment with the dealer next week for the 2nd AC install. I am going to talk to them about it then.
    They should have ordered an 04 and instead they ordered an o5. I got some 1/4" x1/4" steel and cut two pieces to fill the gap until this can be resolved. This should stop the skewing.
    PullRite's web site says the the 04's are in production so I asked them to contact me when they are available again.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fivecodys View Post
    I have an appointment with the dealer next week for the 2nd AC install. I am going to talk to them about it then.
    They should have ordered an 04 and instead they ordered an o5. I got some 1/4" x1/4" steel and cut two pieces to fill the gap until this can be resolved. This should stop the skewing.
    PullRite's web site says the the 04's are in production so I asked them to contact me when they are available again.
    Here is what I did until the problem is resolved. (see pics)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wrong Capture Plate 2 (1).jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	30006
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wrong Capture Plate 2 (2).jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	30007

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ***UPDATE*** Dealer has replaced the capture plate with the correct model.
    Thank You Trailer Hitch RV

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to hear it man. They need to spread the part #s out or something. I wonder how many are running out there and don't even know it.
    2019 F250 FX4 gas with puck system
    2020 Reflection 29RS
    A German Shepherd and a Wife!
    Pullrite Superglide