Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    Setting here enjoying my morning coffee, reading the mail on the forum and BAM, our PI power monitor shut down power to the rig. Loud beeping going on. Checking things out on the monitor display, L1- power was at 136VAC, L2- power was at 123VAC. Error Code PE-3 (L1 High Voltage) The PI monitor clicked power off the rig and back on a few times. L1 power surging up to 136VAC. L2 was always stable at 123VAC.
    It now seems stable, L1 line voltage stable at 123VAC. Power company Grid Switching?

Well I guess our Progressive Industries hardwired power monitor just saved our bacon, and our RV electronic subsystems! Just goes to show the cost is well worth the effort.
    Now i can go back to enjoying my morning coffee!
    My PI did the same thing at night though. The campground we were out was kind enough to send an electrician out and my connection was good. Tested my PI at another site that also had a PI unit that was working well but my PI gave the same error code it gave at my site, "PE-3" with 163 volts. Turned out that some water got in my PI unit and it failed. PI sent me a new unit and I got in about 5 weeks. Good thing it was our last campground of a long trip and was going home for 8 weeks before leaving again.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LovingLife View Post
    My PI did the same thing at night though. The campground we were out was kind enough to send an electrician out and my connection was good. Tested my PI at another site that also had a PI unit that was working well but my PI gave the same error code it gave at my site, "PE-3" with 163 volts. Turned out that some water got in my PI unit and it failed. PI sent me a new unit and I got in about 5 weeks. Good thing it was our last campground of a long trip and was going home for 8 weeks before leaving again.
    I read, on the external PI the plastic flap covering the plug is not water proof and I read on one of their ads, that part of it is not included in the warranty. Another reason I opted for the hard wired internal one.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Fireside Member Jefferson Beifuss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put potential power through my hardwired PI, check the panel meter for an "E = 0", then I flip the main breaker for my rig's power. That saves those nasty surprises. I used this forum to show me where to install the PI itself. These people are the best.
    Jeff & Jean
    2015 GD Reflection 337RLS, Goodyear Endurance tires, JT Strongarm stabilizers
    2015 Ford F-350 SRW Lariat, w/ Sulastic spring shackles, Rancho shocks, airbag, 80 gal supplemental fuel tank, Curt Q20 hitch, Access rollup cover

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson Beifuss View Post
    I put potential power through my hardwired PI, check the panel meter for an "E = 0", then I flip the main breaker for my rig's power. That saves those nasty surprises. I used this forum to show me where to install the PI itself. These people are the best.
    You should get no nasty surprises. The incorrect power should never go past the Progressive Industries hardwired power monitor. That's it's job. KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12