User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Replace carpet with vinyl

I plan to replace the cheapo shag carpet in my large living area slide with the same vinyl on the main floor. For anyone who may have done this, what did you do with the vinyl edge where it overlaps the main floor?
    2019 Solitude 384GKR
    Stored, used at Myrtle Beach, SC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KirbyRVA, I have not done the job you described but I don't think it should be that difficult. Our 2020 Solitude 372WB has sheet vinyl plank flooring through out. The dining/theater seating slide has about a 3-4 inch vinyl overlap that rests and glides on the main living floor as the slide is extended and retracted. It looks as though they cut the vinyl so the faux wood planks were aligned perfectly between slide and main floor giving a seamless look when the slide is out. Something to consider during install. Just make sure your overlap is not so big it is crushed against a center island when slide is in. Hope this help a bit.
    2020 Solitude 372WB
    2017 F350 Superduty 4x4, Heavy Duty Tow Package
    2900 Superglide Hitch, MORryde Rubber Pinbox
    Zinny, Golden Retriever (rescue)
    Belle, Golden Retriever (rescue)

"Life With a Dog is a Gift"

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KirbyRVA View Post
    I plan to replace the cheapo shag carpet in my large living area slide with the same vinyl on the main floor. For anyone who may have done this, what did you do with the vinyl edge where it overlaps the main floor?
    You might want to see this thread:

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...797#post319797

I don’t know where you were planning on getting your materials, but the beauty of choosing a close-matching or even complementary grain/color at your local home improvement store is that they carry matching threshold/transition/trim pieces. While the thresholds are designed to snap into a metal rail, screwed to the floor, you would skip that and use adhesive to attach it to the moveable slide floor. The vinyl flooring is very easy to install, and all you need is a speed square and utility knife. Good luck with your project. Do post pictures if you do it. N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I made this mod on my Cougar TT. I went to the local Home Depot and got something that went well with the stock flooring. I used the matching threshold / transition / trim with the snap metal rail and it worked great however, when the slide was open the distanced between the bottom of the slide and the floor was almost 1 inch. When the slide closed about half way across the floor it was touching floor and rubs the floor while it was closing so I couldn't install anything that hung below. I would install a piece of foam under the lip when slide was open and it looked and worked great (was just annoying that extra step was needed) The reason they use the carpet was to hide the transition and it worked almost like a flap when it was open. (I will add photo's when I get a minute) My suggestion would be take a look and make sure the distance when the slide is open is not that far. If it is .... your going to need to get creative. My new Solitude has carpet on the slide in the bunk house - I'm going to change it out, but really want to use the same vinyl materiel that is on the other slides (wish they made it that way from the factory)

(Its hard to see in the photos, but that space is bigger then it appears)Attachment 30549Attachment 30550Attachment 30551Attachment 30552
    Last edited by ggrant119; 11-04-2020 at 10:19 PM.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you ever end up doing this mod? We want to do this to our 2017 Solitude but we're really nervous about it. We would love to hear how it came out if you ended up doing it. Thanks!