Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rmathews951 View Post
    Heating elements generally only last 18-24 months depending on how much you're using it and how bad the water is where you're hooking up. In my Jayco White Hawk it was recommended to replace it at least every 24 months. The first thing I did when I got the 303RLS was check the water heater to see what I was up against when the time came to change the heating element.
    I’m pretty small (115 lb, 5’6) and still trying to figure out the best way to cram myself in to that tiny drawer/door space!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should be able to reach everything through the door. You'll only need to reach in far enough to remove the electrical box and move it out of the way.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rmathews951 View Post
    Heating elements generally only last 18-24 months depending on how much you're using it and how bad the water is where you're hooking up. In my Jayco White Hawk it was recommended to replace it at least every 24 months. The first thing I did when I got the 303RLS was check the water heater to see what I was up against when the time came to change the heating element.
    What is the basis for saying heating elements last only 18-24 months? My GD Imagine owners manual makes no such statement. The heater itself is warranted for 24 months.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty sure it was in my White Hawk owners manual. I found it because after 24 months my heating element stopped working and I had to replace it. You might check the manufacturers web site for more information. I sold the trailer a few months back and I gave all the manuals to the new owners. Sorry, this is the best I can do for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Atwood heater says no need yearly replacement. But mine is already 4 years so I finally found the way to replace it. Just as the post indicated before, you need access from the back with 1-1/2 socket or Cameco tool with a screw driver.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7591.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	75.0 KB 
ID:	40104

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12