User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's strange, I had a quilt hung on the wall of our old trailer for 2 years using command hooks. I checked mine over the weekend, the ones I put in the trailer at the rally during ladies decorate your trailer shopping spree time and no issues, yet. Oddly though I could never hang one in the closet to hold my broom up, might be a good thing.

I have heard of this problem with other RV's as well so I doubt it's our brand only.
    Lostincanada and Jahna
    AKA Derek and Tatjana plus our pups Shadow and Nani
    2012 Ram 2500
    2015 Reflection 337
    Hailing from Southern Ontario Canada

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just checked all the spots I have the 3 M, hooks and hook and loop. There is only the one spot it's pulled away out of 5. Most of the items are pretty light so I'm leaving the ones that are ok until they give me a reason to.

The one spot that did pull away, it stretched the paper and the paper has re-stuck itself to the wall with a few wrinkles.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
    Just wanted to share my bad experience with the 3 M Command Strips. I know the ads all say will work safely on all surfaces. Not true! I have hung everything in our 369 RL with various sizes of these because I didn't want to make holes in the walls. I had a small canvas picture fall off the bedroom wall. It is very light weight and the strip I hung was rated for much more weight. The bad part is it bubbled up and ripped the wall paper when the whole thing fell. It looks to me like the command strips are pulling the moisture/glue out of the wall covering that is on the inside of all of our coaches. I manually took the other one down that is beside the one that fell and it also was bubbled underneath the strip. I am now in the process of taking all of them down and using screws or nails. They may be permanent but at least they will leave the wallcovering on the wall.
    Very upset with Command strips!
    My wife and I were going to use the command strips, but the back of the package specifically states not to use on wall paper. Glad we didn't use them.

kozzy124
    I just tried them to hang a shelf in my shower. Nope fell off the wall. Time for marine 5200. That stuff won't come off for nothing.

KathleenSmit

WARNING on 3M Command Strips

So Command Strips are out. Now if I want to take out the valances and replace with black out curtains and curtain rods, do I chance putting them up with screws on each side of each window? Will I hit wires? #projectinprogress

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KathleenSmit View Post
    So Command Strips are out. Now if I want to take out the valances and replace with black out curtains and curtain rods, do I chance putting them up with screws on each side of each window? Will I hit wires? #projectinprogress

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I left the valance up and put a blackout curtain in the bedroom using a regular old curtain rod, find one that is shallow meant for a dual rod set up. Screwed it in and after a yr and a half it is still holding solid.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140416_155821.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	63.4 KB 
ID:	2876 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140416_155636.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	2877
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12