Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WARNING on 3M Command Strips

Just wanted to share my bad experience with the 3 M Command Strips. I know the ads all say will work safely on all surfaces. Not true! I have hung everything in our 369 RL with various sizes of these because I didn't want to make holes in the walls. I had a small canvas picture fall off the bedroom wall. It is very light weight and the strip I hung was rated for much more weight. The bad part is it bubbled up and ripped the wall paper when the whole thing fell. It looks to me like the command strips are pulling the moisture/glue out of the wall covering that is on the inside of all of our coaches. I manually took the other one down that is beside the one that fell and it also was bubbled underneath the strip. I am now in the process of taking all of them down and using screws or nails. They may be permanent but at least they will leave the wallcovering on the wall.
    Very upset with Command strips!
    Allen and Sandi-Lexington, KY
    Home of fast horses and beautiful women!
    2015 Chevrolet Duramax 4 x 4 3500 HD LTZ
    2014 Solitude 369 RL-Oct. 2014
    2016 Momentum 376 TH-April 2016

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We had a similar issue with 3M Command Strips!

I attached a wall clock using one strip only to find the clock had fallen and was caught between the wall and the kitchen/living room slide. I stopped the slide from opening fully when I heard the clock start to crack!

The Command strip had damaged the wallpaper by pulling it away from the wall. So I rehung the clock by placing a screw in the center of the damaged wallpaper so the clock would cover it up. Not a happy camper!
    Jim and Kathy Marker - Ramona, Ca.
    2014 Solitude 369RL #1277 (AKA - "Tudee")
    2014 3500 Ram Laramie HD Dually Crew Cab 4x4 -6.7 Cummins with Aisin Tranny (AKA - "Big Foot")
    50 gal Transfer Flow Auxiliary Tank
    Curt Q24 Hitch
    2002 2500 Chevy LB HD Duramax Crew Cab- Retired
    EEZRV TPMS- Tire Pressure Monitoring System

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...tesMap_1_1.gif
    http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...ovincesMap.gif

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had that happen in the kitchen but so far other things hung seem to be OK. Guess I'll start checking when the trailer gets back from the dealer later this week.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Curious, Sandi, have the smart tiles stayed without pulling away at all too? just wondering if it might be a case of light glue use by GD. I plan on putting the tile as a back splash for the stove soon as the temps warm.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure, but I think the wall panels come from panel company with wall covering already attached. If you get a chance to visit the factory you will learn a lot about RV manufacturing
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Curious, Sandi, have the smart tiles stayed without pulling away at all too? just wondering if it might be a case of light glue use by GD. I plan on putting the tile as a back splash for the stove soon as the temps warm.
    Hey Marcy!
    Hope you and Gary are enjoying the winter sunshine! We are now in Gulf Shores, Al for March. Not as warm as in Tampa but surely not as cold as home.!
    Yes the bathroom tiles have stayed perfectly! I'm still really happy with them but not the Command strips I can tell ys'!
    Looking forward to seeing you guys at the rally in August! Lord willing we'll be there!
    Allen and Sandi-Lexington, KY
    Home of fast horses and beautiful women!
    2015 Chevrolet Duramax 4 x 4 3500 HD LTZ
    2014 Solitude 369 RL-Oct. 2014
    2016 Momentum 376 TH-April 2016

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sandi, thanks for the information on the command strips. I'm going to hang a couple of paintings in our bedroom and was going to use the strips, guess I'll rethink that now.

Steve

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My daughter-in-law just tried to remove a command strip from the wall in her home, and it pulled the paint right off the wall. These things aren't as benign as they advertise. I won't use them in our coach. If you use a small screw or nail, you can fill the hole with matching putty later on if you want to remove whatever you're hanging.

Tustin3
    Thanks for the info and sorry about the damage!

BrunoAK
    what about attaching the command strips to the bathroom or bedroom door or the wood around the slides? Are they stained or paper covered? Hoping to hang for coats and clothes--not too keen about over the door hooks that aren't secure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast