User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone using a Pullrite SuperGlide and a Morryde Rubber Pin Box?

I am planning on sticking with my Pullrite 2700 SuperGlide. I would like to switch out the stock Lippert King Pin Box 1621 for a Morryde Rubber Pin Box RPB72 to cushion out the ride. I know it won’t eliminate all the bucking and oscillations, but from what I have read the Morryde should help. The Morryde is at a nice price point and won’t add a bunch of extra weight over the Lippert Pin Box. Also, has anyone down the exchange themselves? Any experience and comments about this combination of Hitch and King Pin would be greatly appreciated.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found a Morryde King Pin Box on eBay that is essentially new. It was taken off a brand new Solitude as the owner replaced it with a Goosebox. I was curious has anyone purchased a used King Pin Box. The pictures show that it looks brand new. It is the one spec’d for my 303RLS. It will need to be shipped from California to Indiana by freight as it weighs 80-100 lbs. I am a little hesitant about damage during shipping also. Any advice would be appreciated.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am using a Demco slider hitch. I replaced the RotoFlex pin box with the MorRyde.

A friend and I replaced it ourselves. Backed the truck under and supported the old pin box as we removed the bolts (not hitched - just used truck bed). Unbolt some back bolts first and put in a rod for the pin box to pivot on, remove remaining bolts and lower the front end, then pull the rod and lower the rear. It wasn't hard with 2 people.

I bought mine new on E-Bay. Just be sure you are getting the right model. There are different rubber stiffnesses and you want the one that matches your weight. In my case it was a number 5 stiffener / rubber spring.

Maybe by the time some place like e-trailer will ship for free versus you paying the freight it is worth getting a new one.
    Last edited by traveldawg; 10-09-2020 at 10:22 AM.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    I am using a Demco slider hitch. I replaced the RotoFlex pin box with the MorRyde.

A friend and I replaced it our selves. Backed the truck under and supported the old pin box as we removed the bolts (not hitched - just used truck bed). Unbolt some back bolts first and put in a rod for the pin box to pivot on, remove remaining bolts and lower the front end, then pull the rod and lower the rear. It wasn't hard with 2 people.

I bought mine new on E-Bay. Just be sure you are getting the right model. There are different rubber stiffnesses and you want the one that matches your weight. In my case it was a number 5 stiffener / rubber spring.

Maybe by the time some place like e-trailer will ship for free versus you paying the freight it is worth getting a new one.
    There are a few places that are selling them for $700 with free shipping. He has his listed for $480. I probably can negotiate a cheaper price since there probably isn’t much of a market for a used Kingpin for this specific trailer. It is the model I need (RPB721621HD-05 14,001 - 18,000 GVWR). Did you use the existing bolts or did your Morryde come with new bolts?

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You shouldn't have any problems with that combo. MORryde even sells an adapter plate for their pin box for the SuperGlide. I really like the MORryde pin box. We had a Demco Glide Ride pin box on our Reflection, but the MORryde does a better job because it dampens side-to-side, too. We have a standard (non-slider) PullRite hitch (8' bed).

Rob
    Last edited by Second Chance; 10-09-2020 at 02:59 PM.
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Radcolt View Post
    I am planning on sticking with my Pullrite 2700 SuperGlide. I would like to switch out the stock Lippert King Pin Box 1621 for a Morryde Rubber Pin Box RPB72 to cushion out the ride. I know it won’t eliminate all the bucking and oscillations, but from what I have read the Morryde should help. The Morryde is at a nice price point and won’t add a bunch of extra weight over the Lippert Pin Box. Also, has anyone down the exchange themselves? Any experience and comments about this combination of Hitch and King Pin would be greatly appreciated.
    I have changed out 2 pin boxes, as stated by traveldawg it is fairly easy with a helper. Hard to go wrong with the Morryde. A tech advised me to install the bolts with the nut/lock washer on the outside. They stick out a little more but you are supposed to torque on the nut and some of the bolts are way up in there.
    Rich
    Rich And Janet (no dog or cats, 8 grandkids but not with us all at once)
    Onalaska, WA
    2011 F350, 4X4, B&W hitch
    2016 Solitude 300GK

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich T View Post
    I have changed out 2 pin boxes, as stated by traveldawg it is fairly easy with a helper. Hard to go wrong with the Morryde. A tech advised me to install the bolts with the nut/lock washer on the outside. They stick out a little more but you are supposed to torque on the nut and some of the bolts are way up in there.
    Rich
    That is a very great tip. Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I reused my bolts. As someone suggested - you can mount the nuts on the outside for torquing.

Quote Originally Posted by Radcolt View Post
    Did you use the existing bolts or did your Morryde come with new bolts?
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Lippert King Pin Box installed on my Rig and looking to swap out for the Morryde 18K+ to run on top of an Pullrite 2900 Superglide. Should I be concern that the Morryde is not rated at 20K+?
    2021 3740BH-R
    2022 SILVERADO 3500 HD 4WD CC, SB HC SRW
    Pullrite Superglide 2900

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Radcolt, I have the same setup. Morrhyde rubber pinbox does dampen the chucking a lot but not all of it. I have 10K trip planned for next summer and am seriously considering the Goosebox. I'd like to have my truck bed back and lose a few pounds of weight while making the swap.
    2020 Solitude 372WB
    2017 F350 Superduty 4x4, Heavy Duty Tow Package
    2900 Superglide Hitch, MORryde Rubber Pinbox
    Zinny, Golden Retriever (rescue)
    Belle, Golden Retriever (rescue)

"Life With a Dog is a Gift"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast