User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No Power at Lippert Auto-Level Touch Pad

Just wanted to share an experience to possibly prevent someone some headaches.

When packing up from a weekend trip, had everything all buttoned up and ready to go. When attempting to hitch, I went to the leveling system touch pad, and saw there was no power. Literally hit the on button, and zero response.

Long story short, was as simple as a blown 10amp fuse. The fun part was finding the fuse. For me, it was in the (facing the front storage compartment) back left corner near the batteries. The biggest pain was emptying everything out to look for it. Once emptied, I could see the cable harness coming in on the upper right, there wasn't much else over there, so it was clear it wasn't on that side. Followed the harness to the control board, which is mounted to the ceiling in the middle on mine. Followed that over to the side with the battery and the hydraulic pump, where there is a lot more going on, and had to dig around a bit, but found it there.

Cheap, easy fix now that I know where it is. I am not sure what made the fuse blow, fingers still crossed, hoping it is nothing more. Got back to unhitch three hours later and all worked fine. Definitely good to have an assortment of spare fuses on hand.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good info to know. I’ll keep this in mind if I have an issue with it.
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A similar experience last month in Grizzly RV Park in West Yellowstone with another trailer brand we traded in two weeks ago. All buttoned up and ready to go. Last thing was to retract the auto leveler rams. Touch screen did not "wake up", went to hit the reset button and voila no reset button there in the tiny reset hole. Long story short, had to remove the touch screen, disconnect the leads and reconnect and only then did the unit "wake up" and become functional. Would have used the secondary auto leveler control in the basement storage but the touch screen has to "pass off" control to that unit, tough to do when the touch screen is dead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where do I find the inline fuse for the leveling system on a 2020 Solitude.

Pat Welch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Welch View Post
    Where do I find the inline fuse for the leveling system on a 2020 Solitude.

Pat Welch
    Hello Pat and welcome to the forums. What model Solitude do you have? If you make a signature with this information in it it will help people give you answers more specific to you trailer.

On our 2018 Solitude 310GK it is in the same place as @Keebler. Front compartment, curb side back wall buried in the vertical wiring behind the batteries. This is a picture as I was in the process of rewiring and labeling ours. You can see the rectangular cap of the inline fuse just to the left of the label. It maybe different in your trailer, but check in this area first.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9294.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	30230

Chris
    Last edited by CoChris; 10-19-2020 at 01:07 PM.
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a 2020 Solitude 375 RES . Thank You for responding. My husband has been trying to figure out for 2 days why we have no power to the leveling control box. All switches are on and no fuses are blown.

Pat Welch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Part of the “joy” of RVing is having to hunt, guess, research, explore, and/or post questions to get basic information on your RV that should be provided in your owners manual.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keebler, this is good information to know. I will try to find mine tomorrow and label it. By the way, exactly what kind of fuse was it?? Blade fuse or ??? How many amps??
    Phil
    2020 Solitude 372WB
    2017 F350 Superduty 4x4, Heavy Duty Tow Package
    2900 Superglide Hitch, MORryde Rubber Pinbox
    Zinny, Golden Retriever (rescue)
    Belle, Golden Retriever (rescue)

"Life With a Dog is a Gift"

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had that fuse problem also. Took awhile to find the in-line fuse. I wish that had been the only problem -- our converter had gone bad, which ran the already weak batteries down. Had to replace the batteries and the converter and the fuse. All while parked at the Elks lodge in St. George, Utah. To bad I quite drinking 20 years ago.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zinman View Post
    Keebler, this is good information to know. I will try to find mine tomorrow and label it. By the way, exactly what kind of fuse was it?? Blade fuse or ??? How many amps??
    Phil
    In my Solitude it is a 10A ATC or ATO blade type fuse.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast