User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Musty smell from AC

Hi ! We mostly cold weather camp. We have a 315rlts and my wife thought she would try camping this week. She is using the AC for the 1st time. Well she says it smells really musty. How do you clean the AC? Thanks ! Scott
    Scott&Shelley Gillis (Pack Members.. Remington,Maggie,Molly,Rayne,Hannah,Cole,Gemma,
    Jayden,Dalton,Gavin,Cody and Yes they all camp with us!)
    2017 Reflection 315RLTS
    2005 2500 8.1l 410 Suburban Cold Air Intake, 8.mm MSD Wires, Cat Back System, Drilled and Sloted Rotors ,all Led Lighting. Hensly Mfg. TruControl brake controler.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGillis View Post
    Hi ! We mostly cold weather camp. We have a 315rlts and my wife thought she would try camping this week. She is using the AC for the 1st time. Well she says it smells really musty. How do you clean the AC? Thanks ! Scott
    Sorry, no great details to offer, but have you cleaned the filter in the ac lately?
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had the same problem in my last RV... Bought some AC coil cleaner from an auto parts store... Removed cover inside and out... spread plastic on floor... spray cleaner on condenser and evaporator, Flush with water from pump sprayer, then clean up huge mess.... smell gone
    2019 230RL Reflection ..... 1996 Dodge 2500 Cummins still pulling just as hard as the day I brought her home November 1995...3.6 Onan. 2 battleborns 300 watts solar, 1500 watt aims inverter....(Convictions are a far greater foe of truth than lies) {Nietztche}

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make sure the drain pan on the roof is not plugged and holding stinky water.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS