Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try Tuson as they are very reliable

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Furrion has been very reliable and a great color picture on the monitor. It appears to be high resolution.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aljac2323 View Post
    purchased the same camera. Went to install it today and cannot get it work. Is you camera light on once it's plugged in? Did you have any problems syncing the camera to the monitor? I am feeling that my camera does not have power or is bad. Please advise and thanks. Any suggestions will greatly be appreciated.
    First of all, it's very important to remove the fuse for the camera when plugging it in. If you didn't, it's highly likely that the fuse opened and needs to be replaced. The fuses are located in different spots depending on the year and model of trailer you have. when the camera is plugged in, there will be a blue light illuminated on the camera. It that is not there, you can check the trailer side of the plug with a DVM to make sure you have power. If you have power and the camera's blue light doesn't illuminate, then you likely have a dead camera.

Jim

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The backup camera from Furrion has worked beautifully for me. No problems, went in easy. Toughest part was dropping screws on the ground.

Now the Furrion entertainment system stinks. Did i say it was lousy?

I cannot fathom why a 2017 Imagine 2800BH does not have a Blu Ray and HDMI system. It is beyond me than Grand Design did not install one without those features.
    Foard County News & Sassy Schoolmarm
    Nathan & Susan Gifford
    Belle, & Danke
    53 days camping 8000 miles 2017
    2017 Imagine 2800BH
    '07 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax LBZ 4WD

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I just found out that the same model you listed Is one that I got off of ebay but cant find the camera I just got the inside unit.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Furrion is just another LCI brand. Lippert Components... Hit or miss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I waited for amazon to drop the price to $287 for the 48 model, works great

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those of you using the observation camera, is there a lag time?

I bought a low cost wireless IP camera on amazon to use for my backyard at home and it has at least a 2 second delay.
    La Porte, TX

2013 Ford F-250 SD SRW 4x4 6.7
    ARE Z Series Truck Cap w/Yakima Roof Rack
    CargoGlide 1500XL Full Extension Bed Slide
    Firestone 2535 Ride Rite Air Helper Spring
    2017 Reflection 297RSTS
    EasyStart 366 x05 Soft Start Kit (on both A/C's)
    Honda EU2000i w/tri-fuel kit
    Honda EU2000i Companion w/tri-fuel kit

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just installed ours model FOS48TAPK-BL, installed fine worked great in under 20 minutes. The Furrion manual says that GD coaches are wired such that the camera comes on with backup lights or clearance lights. That was wrong. Our coach is a 2017 model year, the camera comes on with AC power or RV battery power. It goes off when no shore power and battery is turned off in the docking station. So that means that the camera will always be on when power is applied to the RV, battery or shore power. The monitor can be turned off or unplugged from power. It didn't have any delay in reporting, as I was walking around behind the rig my wife saw no delay. The camera seemed to cover what I would equate to 3 lanes wide behind the RV.

Thought it was a better idea though to have the camera come on with the clearance lights but I haven't rewired it yet. For now it works, dont know the longevity of it yet but will see. We normally turn the battery off while its setting at home.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just saw this thread pop up again and it reminded me to post about our experience. Our Furrion observation camera was just about one year old. While driving down he highway, the suction cup mount came apart. There is an adhesive on the backside of the suction cup that gave way. I looked at the reviews on Amazon and this is a fairly common failure mode. I called Furrion several times before I finally got through to someone. They explained that even though the camera was under the one year warranty, they consider the mounting failure to be customer mishandling or abuse! They would not send me another mount under the one year warranty. I had to purchase another mount from them in order to use the camera. It was $13.

Jim

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast