Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forest River Rockwood vs Grand Design Reflection

Am trying to decide between a Forest River Rockwood and a Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS travel trailer. We are new to rving and need some help. Can I get some suggestions and opinions on the Reflection. Thank you in advance.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I own a 2017 297RSTS. It is my second Grand Design unit. We had a few initial quality problems, but Grand Design did a great job taking care of them. The trailer is very comfortable for my wife and I. We just spent three months on the road and drove to Indiana and back (from Arizona). All systems worked well, and we enjoyed it. I like the fact that it is a little smaller than some of the bigger units because we never had a problem finding a camping spot.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Jim

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Mary,

I too am new to RV'ing. Been a boater for a long time, so I understand most of the same things: plumbing, electrical, towing, etc. Of particular importance is the fact that both vehicles take a lot of shaking/pounding during their travels. An RV has been described as a house in a continuous earthquake from the shaking it takes. I say all this to point out that quality of the build, and after-the-sale support are two of the most important components to both boat and RV.

As part of my due diligence it became clear that there are three levels of RV quality; the low end, which is just slapped together and pushed out the door, the mid-tier which uses better components, better attention to detail during construction, and the high-end custom-built RVs.

After months of research, crawling around trailers, and reviewing websites we settled on Grand Design. I consider them to be at the top of the mid-tier builders. Their Customer Service and Quality Control is what I've determined to be one of the best in the business- including the high-end companies.

As you do your own due diligence, pay attention to those two details (Customer Service and Quality Control). They're the most important things.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've had our 297RSTS since the first of the year and we really like the floor plan. The only long trip we've made was bringing it home from Atlanta. Been on quite a few weekenders, though. Mostly 3 to 5 hours away. Like Tuscon Jim we've had a few issues, but all have been resolved by us. Our truck pulls it easily. It's usually just me and my wife, but sometimes have Grandchildren with us. Looking forward to some long trips to the mountains somewhere, but work has been brutal this year. Ours came with both AC's - a must for us. We're always saying to each other "I like this trailer"...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    La Porte, TX

2013 Ford F-250 SD SRW 4x4 6.7
    ARE Z Series Truck Cap w/Yakima Roof Rack
    CargoGlide 1500XL Full Extension Bed Slide
    Firestone 2535 Ride Rite Air Helper Spring
    2017 Reflection 297RSTS
    EasyStart 366 x05 Soft Start Kit (on both A/C's)
    Honda EU2000i w/tri-fuel kit
    Honda EU2000i Companion w/tri-fuel kit

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryHolderby View Post
    Am trying to decide between a Forest River Rockwood and a Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS travel trailer. We are new to rving and need some help. Can I get some suggestions and opinions on the Reflection. Thank you in advance.
    Curious which rockwood and why ?

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another 297RSTS owner. We’ve had it for ten months and have spent probably 50 nights in it. We thoroughly enjoy the creature comforts, such as theater recliners across from tv, electric fireplace, outside tv, etc. Fixed a few small items myself and GD has been very responsive when contacting them, which is mostly uncommon in this industry. I can’t comment on the Forest River, but I don’t think you will be disappointed in the GD unit.
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Toes in Water
    We are looking at a Forest River Rockwood Signature 8328.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I looked at the Signature line at 5 different dealers and liked them well enough to plan on buying one. Until I saw the Reflection. The Reflection is a step up in quality and amenities without much of a step up in price.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my wife and i looked at forest river the height and weight made choose grandesign plus floor plan got us

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought the 33rl for our retirement full timer. I agree with jkwilson (#8). We spent almost a year and looked in three states to see first hand the models we were considering. And Grand Design won hands down.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast