Most incompetent operation on the web. Registered my account on 2/24/15. Have confirming email. Ordered Wireless Observation System (#FOS48TA-BL) on 2/24/15. Received order complete email on 2/25/15. Tried to logon to Furrion.com to check status of order 3/2/15. Userid and password not valid even though I went to the trouble of cutting and pasting from the confirmation email they sent me. Registered my account again 3/2/15. Unable to check on order. Called U.S. customer service number for Furrion this morning 3/3/15 and on second call got a young lady that couldn't find the order and had to call Furrion to check on it. According to the Furrion.com website this was Furrion customer service that I was calling. She did call me back to say that the item I had ordered was backordered until 3/18/15. There was never any communication from Furrion that it was backordered. Cancelled order. My advice to all of you is to stay from Furrion.com. Site is extremely slow, terribly designed and obviously maintained by the most incompetent staff on the Internet. A group of kindergarten children could do better. Will find someone else who sells a backup camera that actually works as an Observation System when traveling down the highway. Will let you know.

Can't imagine how a great operation like Grand Design got hooked up with this junk.