Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furrion.com -- stay away

Most incompetent operation on the web. Registered my account on 2/24/15. Have confirming email. Ordered Wireless Observation System (#FOS48TA-BL) on 2/24/15. Received order complete email on 2/25/15. Tried to logon to Furrion.com to check status of order 3/2/15. Userid and password not valid even though I went to the trouble of cutting and pasting from the confirmation email they sent me. Registered my account again 3/2/15. Unable to check on order. Called U.S. customer service number for Furrion this morning 3/3/15 and on second call got a young lady that couldn't find the order and had to call Furrion to check on it. According to the Furrion.com website this was Furrion customer service that I was calling. She did call me back to say that the item I had ordered was backordered until 3/18/15. There was never any communication from Furrion that it was backordered. Cancelled order. My advice to all of you is to stay from Furrion.com. Site is extremely slow, terribly designed and obviously maintained by the most incompetent staff on the Internet. A group of kindergarten children could do better. Will find someone else who sells a backup camera that actually works as an Observation System when traveling down the highway. Will let you know.

Can't imagine how a great operation like Grand Design got hooked up with this junk.
    Frank & Linda
    2015 303 #2048, 2015 F-350 FX4 Dually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree. I purchased a backup camera, installed it, turned it on and it didn't work. Called furrion to get tech support, but no live tech support. Left message to call back (Voice info put in) but never received a call back........2 months later. I long ago returned the camera to where I bought it as it was garbage.
    Stephen & Nikki

2013 Ford F-250 SRW w/Firestone Ride Rite Airbags, B&W Companion Hitch,
    Titan XXL 50 Gallon Mid-Ship Fuel Tank and Viair Onboard Air.
    2015 Grand Design Momentum 350M
    2009 Club Car Golf Cart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bid system,lowest bidder within specifications gets the bid
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

gbalterian
    lol thats an intense rant! I have GD with a Furrion pre-wired bracket. after reading this thread i called their customer service and the lady told me that Furrion has two options for cameras that fit the bracket. One is a backup camera (FRC12TA-BL) and is intended for backup use only and the other is an observation system (FOS48TA-BL) that works going down the road and for high speed observation. The difference being the observation camera has an upgraded internal CPU and an external antenna but is $100 more. I looked on their website and it stated they were out of stock and the expected delivery date was the 18th March so i took to ebay and found one for the same price as the backup camera ($399). Installed it and it works perfectly! very happy with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How far of a distance do you say the camera is to your monitor in the truck? My unit is 40' long to the back of the camper + 10' from the front of the camper to the place where the monitor sits. So a total of about 50'
    Stephen & Nikki

2009 Club Car Golf Cart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

gbalterian
    Quote Originally Posted by GD350M View Post
    How far of a distance do you say the camera is to your monitor in the truck? My unit is 40' long to the back of the camper + 10' from the front of the camper to the place where the monitor sits. So a total of about 50'
    It's about 50' as well. The instruction manual states it works over 100' so you should be good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gbalterian View Post
    lol thats an intense rant! I have GD with a Furrion pre-wired bracket. after reading this thread i called their customer service and the lady told me that Furrion has two options for cameras that fit the bracket. One is a backup camera (FRC12TA-BL) and is intended for backup use only and the other is an observation system (FOS48TA-BL) that works going down the road and for high speed observation. The difference being the observation camera has an upgraded internal CPU and an external antenna but is $100 more. I looked on their website and it stated they were out of stock and the expected delivery date was the 18th March so i took to ebay and found one for the same price as the backup camera ($399). Installed it and it works perfectly! very happy with it.
    purchased the same camera. Went to install it today and cannot get it work. Is you camera light on once it's plugged in? Did you have any problems syncing the camera to the monitor? I am feeling that my camera does not have power or is bad. Please advise and thanks. Any suggestions will greatly be appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Turn the running lights on, on your camper. The camera gets its power from the lights
    Stephen & Nikki

2009 Club Car Golf Cart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My camera works without the trailer and truck being connected.

Regards,

AJ

2015 FORD F450 Lariat Ultimate
    2012 HD RoadGlide Ultra
    2015 GD Momentum 350M

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roadkingfl View Post
    My camera works without the trailer and truck being connected.
    Mine does, also. Before I even pull in to the RV storage lot (about 100 yds. from my 376TH the monitor comes on and I'm viewing the boat trailer parked behind my 5th wheel.

I don't know a lot about the camera as it was already installed when I bought the truck and 2017 Momentum 376TH as a package deal, used (six months old). I did look at the monitor awhile ago and it's a Furrion Observtion System and shows a Mdl. # FOD43TA-BL. I just went to the Furrion web site but I can't even find this model.

It has an excellent color picture and is great going down the highway to double check the lanes on either side of me before changing lanes. FWIW, the 376TH is 41"4" and I'm driving a Ford Super Duty Crew Cab with the 8' long bed. Coming and going, I can see the picture all the way through the RV storage until I'm out of the gate (approx. 100 yrds.)

.**EDIT**
    I just realized how old this thread is. This thread came up on a google search when I was searching for this model of Furrion Observation Monitor.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast