User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SC_Scott View Post
    I’ll get you some more info when we go back up to our trailer this weekend.
    Much appreciated!
    2021 Reflection 31MB
    Reese Goose Box 20k
    2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD, CCSB 4x4, LBZ Duramax
    B&W Turnover Ball with 4" offset

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven’t run a speed test yet, but the cellular signal strength is significantly better than using my phone as a hot spot. Signal strength while connecting WiFi is way better than the phone too. Easily able to stream HD to the TV. Very usable, I’m happy with the performance in the situations I’ve used it so far.

My only gripe is I forget to turn it off and then my phone keeps connecting to it while rolling down the road....and if I left it on WiFI it’s not connected to internet....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmbrenner View Post
    I haven’t run a speed test yet, but the cellular signal strength is significantly better than using my phone as a hot spot. Signal strength while connecting WiFi is way better than the phone too. Easily able to stream HD to the TV. Very usable, I’m happy with the performance in the situations I’ve used it so far.

My only gripe is I forget to turn it off and then my phone keeps connecting to it while rolling down the road....and if I left it on WiFI it’s not connected to internet....
    Good info, this is what I was hoping to hear. Thanks!
    2021 Reflection 31MB
    Reese Goose Box 20k
    2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD, CCSB 4x4, LBZ Duramax
    B&W Turnover Ball with 4" offset

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven’t dropped ceiling plate on our 2021 297RSTS but can’t understand why Winegard wouldn’t just install the switch in the side of the router. No more holes in my ceiling. So I decided to do it myself.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would add pic but don’t see an option for adding a pic. Tried to past and ended up like previous text. Oh well.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought the same thing, but you need an inside switch if you mount the router outside on the roof.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed, I’m just talking about the inside ceiling mounts. Switch on the side of fixture without the provided switch plate looks clean and like it came that way. And it should. Lol

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all. We just purchased our Solitude 310 and I am very pleased to discover the Winegard comes with - didn’t even realize until I was going through all the owners manuals last night and then found this thread.
    I already bought a Verizon jet pack, but could return it.

I see I can purchase the additional hardware and add a SIM card. But it seems this is doing the same thing the Verizon Jetpack will?
    In other words, the Air 360+ should give us the signal boost inside the rig, so the jetpack can then run without any other hardware?
    Or do I need a physical connection from the Jetpack?

Just trying to understand options without the rig to go look at (still parked at the dealer for a few weeks).

Thanks,
    Colin

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JM0397 View Post
    Hi all. We just purchased our Solitude 310 and I am very pleased to discover the Winegard comes with - didn’t even realize until I was going through all the owners manuals last night and then found this thread.
    I already bought a Verizon jet pack, but could return it.

I see I can purchase the additional hardware and add a SIM card. But it seems this is doing the same thing the Verizon Jetpack will?
    In other words, the Air 360+ should give us the signal boost inside the rig, so the jetpack can then run without any other hardware?
    Without the purchase of the Winegard Gateway 1000 the Air 360+ is ONLY a TV antenna. To receive any WiFi (campground, etc.) with the 360+ you need the Gateway.

I have the 360+ and Gateway in addition to a jet pack. My jet pack has a now retired truly unlimited prepaid data plan, so I use that as a WiFi access point and have the Winegard connect to that like it would campground WiFi and broadcast the WiFi throughout the rig. I also have a Netgear antenna connected to the Jet Pack to boost the incoming cell signal. All of my WiFi devices look to the Gateway SSID for WiFi signal. You do NOT need a physical connection to the gateway. The advantage of this setup is you can take the jet pack out and use it in other locations.

You can put a SIM in the gateway and the 360+ will receive cell signals and broadcast WiFi in your rig. I cannot say if the incoming cell would be better than with my setup because I haven’t tried it. I’m afraid if I move my SIM to another device and VZW senses it, I will lose my unlimited data plan. In my mind the biggest difference between the SIM in the jet pack or the Gateway is the cost of the jet pack.
    Last edited by DennisK; 02-07-2021 at 09:00 AM.
    Dennis, Pat, Prince and the Lady - Western New York
    2018 Solitude 310GK- 2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW - Blue Ox Super Ride

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great info, thanks Dennis!
    The Gateway 1000 is way less expensive than the Weboost setup!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast