User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisK View Post
    Without the purchase of the Winegard Gateway 1000 the Air 360+ is ONLY a TV antenna. To receive any WiFi (campground, etc.) with the 360+ you need the Gateway.

I have the 360+ and Gateway in addition to a jet pack. My jet pack has a now retired truly unlimited prepaid data plan, so I use that as a WiFi access point and have the Winegard connect to that like it would campground WiFi and broadcast the WiFi throughout the rig. I also have a Netgear antenna connected to the Jet Pack to boost the incoming cell signal. All of my WiFi devices look to the Gateway SSID for WiFi signal. You do NOT need a physical connection to the gateway. The advantage of this setup is you can take the jet pack out and use it in other locations.

You can put a SIM in the gateway and the 360+ will receive cell signals and broadcast WiFi in your rig. I cannot say if the incoming cell would be better than with my setup because I haven’t tried it. I’m afraid if I move my SIM to another device and VZW senses it, I will lose my unlimited data plan. In my mind the biggest difference between the SIM in the jet pack or the Gateway is the cost of the jet pack.
    Dennis, to clarify: you’re using the Gateway 1000 without a sim card in it so it functions as a signal booster inside the rig, and then your Jetpack is the Mifi device you connect devices to, correct?
    I know you basically said that, but I’m finding it a good idea to be double-sure before I shell out the cash for the wrong thing!

Thanks,
    Colin
    Last edited by JM0397; 02-07-2021 at 11:24 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to install this now. I have an ATT unlimited business account I'm going to call and give them the sim number for the ATT sim in the Winegard and use that sim. It's on an att unlimited plan with unlimited calling/so forth but I'm only going to utilize it for it's hotspot internet, I'm pretty sure it would work just like if I inserted it into an ipad.

I have pulled the wires out of the coach and have the loop. Just so I have this right and don't have to do things twice, I wanted to spell out my step and please let me know if I'm missing anything.

1. turn off power to the coach and disconnect battery (I don't want to mess with the fuse box)
    2. Cut the loop
    3. Connect the harness black to the loop white and use a cap
    4. Connect the harness red to the switch.
    5. Connect another wire? to the switch and tie into loop with the orange line on it. What size wire do I need for this?
    6. Activate the new sim and test.
    7. If testing works, stuff it all back into the ceiling and mount it.

Do I have that right?
    Ed & Kaitlin
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    2018 F350 SD Platinum FX4 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 55 Gallon Titan Tank, Air Lift 5000.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this isn't the latest thread on the Winegard Gateway, but it seems to have the most info so I tagged onto it. Trust me, I have read all the related threads several times!
    Based on the info I found here (thanks to all), I installed my GW1000 in our Solitude 2 days ago with excellent results. The factory supplied power was just a loop, so I did have to cut it and splice in the supplied power cable that comes with the unit. Chose not to install the switch at this time as I don't have a dremel with me....also I think I can reboot it by pulling the 15 amp fuse for that loop. Maybe add the switch at a later date.
    Setup was pretty straightforward, just followed the instructions.
    We spent 2 1/2 years in a MH with a WiFi Ranger using a cheap Visible phone as a hotspot, so that's what I intend to do here.The Visible will only allow 1 device to connect to the hotspot, but we connect the Winegard to it, then connect TV, computer, ipads and phones to the Winegard. So far working like a charm. Not sure how one over the air signal can supply data to all those devices simultaneously, but it does. Especially for a $25/month plan with unlimited data! Definitely want to hang on to that one.
    I suspect I'll need to add a sim card from another provider at some point, but as long as there is a good Verizon signal I think we are set.
    As someone said, it's definitely a DIY, just read all the posts first.
    SteveM

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Air 360 plus installed from the factory on our 2019 Momentum 28G. But, there is no access to the wires on the inside of the toy hauler roof? I have looked everywhere. Maybe the factory forgot to run the wires and put a cap on them. There are only radio speakers and A/C vents on the inside of roof. I don't know what to do as we would like to purchase the router for internet while camping. Thanks for any advice.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234