User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    If you had the pump on with city water on it is possible the check valve unseated. The weak link is the filter screen housing on the front of the pump, It cant take pressure. So I would inspect it for cracks and water on the floor by it.
    Where is the check valve?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by velran View Post
    Where is the check valve?
    Its built into or directly attached to the outlet of the water pump. If it failed water would back flow through the pump to your fresh water tank. They normally don't fail. Have you checked the inlet screen housing? It can be cracked and leak under pressure which it normally will not see being on the suction side of the water pump.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its built into or directly attached to the outlet of the water pump. If it failed water would back flow through the pump to your fresh water tank. They normally don't fail. Have you checked the inlet screen housing? It can be cracked and leak under pressure which it normally will not see being on the suction side of the water pump.
    There shouldn't be any pressure at the inlet screen housing as it is on the suction side of the pump to protect the pump. The worst thing that can happen if it is cracked is the pump will suck air and when the pump shuts off the water in the suction line from the fresh water tank will flow back to the tank and the pump will need to prime again.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    There shouldn't be any pressure at the inlet screen housing as it is on the suction side of the pump to protect the pump. The worst thing that can happen if it is cracked is the pump will suck air and when the pump shuts off the water in the suction line from the fresh water tank will flow back to the tank and the pump will need to prime again.

Rob
    Rob - you are correct. However when he mentioned he ran the pump while on city water that the check valve could have stuck open subjecting the filter to pressure and the leak he is looking for. I had a check valve some how fail and it blew my screen housing apart very quickly. Strange thing is after the bust the valve was fine.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob - you are correct. However when he mentioned he ran the pump while on city water that the check valve could have stuck open subjecting the filter to pressure and the leak he is looking for. I had a check valve some how fail and it blew my screen housing apart very quickly. Strange thing is after the bust the valve was fine.
    Thanks for that. I missed that earlier in the thread. Sounds like that might be possible then.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did the test for two huors and the pump didn't turn on.
    I'm suspecting I have a leak higher in the gray tank or the drain system because it seems that the water lines under presurce and tight sealed.
    Any other suggestions?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm thinking to close the unerbelly and reopen if the problem comes back. I connected city water and run the water pump at the same time for troubelshooting in attepmt to replicat what happen before but there was no loeak. The only test I didn't do is filling the grey completely to check if there is any leak up higher. What do you think?
    Last edited by velran; 10-17-2020 at 11:10 AM.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm thinking to close the unerbelly and reopen if the problem comes back. I connected city water and run the water pump at the same time for troubelshooting in attepmt to replicat what happen before but there was no loeak. The only test I didn't do is filling the grey completely to check if there is any leak up higher. What do you think?
    I would fill both the gray and black tanks and watch all the fittings. Also take a few pictures and post. Sometimes and extra set of eyes catch something.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would fill both the gray and black tanks and watch all the fittings. Also take a few pictures and post. Sometimes and extra set of eyes catch something.
    Here is an update, I filled up Gray 2 (Gray 1 is for shower and bathroom sink, gray 2 is kitchen only). I started to see steady stream leak but just when the tank gauge showed full not before. I wish I could post picutres but the underbelly is open just enough to peek not to reach with my phone to take a picture. I took out about 10 gallons from the dump valuve using a bucket and the leak stopped! That tell me that the problem is up higher either in the tank, the sensonr fitting, or the drain fittig.

I can take it to the dealership where I bouthgt it from, but the first opening they have is mid February. Other dealerships we called are 2-3 months out in Arizona. I don't want to wait that long. Poor craftmenship and bad luck!

What you guys think? Any suggestions?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is an update, I filled up Gray 2 (Gray 1 is for shower and bathroom sink, gray 2 is kitchen only). I started to see steady stream leak but just when the tank gauge showed full not before. I wish I could post picutres but the underbelly is open just enough to peek not to reach with my phone to take a picture. I took out about 10 gallons from the dump valuve using a bucket and the leak stopped! That tell me that the problem is up higher either in the tank, the sensonr fitting, or the drain fittig.

I can take it to the dealership where I bouthgt it from, but the first opening they have is mid February. Other dealerships we called are 2-3 months out in Arizona. I don't want to wait that long. Poor craftmenship and bad luck!

What you guys think? Any suggestions?
    So this is an interesting post as I have an Imagine XLS 23BHE as well and had a similar experience. For me I noticed the leak coming out of the underbelly by where the low point drains are for the hot/cold water lines. It wasn't leaking from those lines however. I do know that my grey tank was full so I emptied it and have not experienced this issue again but I was thinking that it had to do with the gray tank being too full.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast