Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My current SOB has an outside kitchen and the water drains into the rear gray tank on my bunkhouse model.
    2014 Ram 3500 CTD SRW
    Current SOB fifth wheel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 308 as well. I just got off the phone with GD. The rear kitchen is straight plumbing. They suggested a bucket under the rear drain. As for the two grey tanks: one grey tank is for the bathroom (37.5 gallons) and the second grey tank (37.5 gallons) is for the kitchen sink. The dump valve behind the axel can be in the open position all the time because the main grey valve in the storage area is actually the one that dumps them both. I do not see why you would close the valve behind the axel.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there a reason to not use a "Y" adapter into your sewer hose so the grey water from the rear kitchen goes with all other water from the unit?

Chance
    I recently purchased a 2015 308 BHTS and was confounded by not being able to get the outdoor kitchen sink to drain into a grey tank. From reading these posts, (thank you to all who posted) I understand that the outdoor sink is a direct out and the pipe fills very quickly. I think that the best solution for this would be to purchase a wye connector and put that into the sani dump, and connect a hose from each discharge to the wye. That way, there is no issue with dumping in the environment.
    That being said, I think that Grand Design needs to either address this issue and inform the dealers of this, so that the customer can be informed, or redesign the plumbing so that the rear sink goes to a grey tank. Just my thoughts and opinions, but they make the most sense to me for the "eco safe" way of dumping.
    My previous trailer was a Trail Lite Crossover with an outdoor kitchen with sink, and it was plumbed to go into the grey tank. I hope this helps you as well as it is going to help me. Now I know I will be going on another accessories purchase for the new trailer. (sigh)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TENN22 View Post
    Is there a reason to not use a "Y" adapter into your sewer hose so the grey water from the rear kitchen goes with all other water from the unit?
    It a long run from the rear of the coach up to the front but that still does you no good if you don't have a sewer connection. I'm a bit surprised that GD recommended a bucket, it's actually illegal to do that in most places. I'm using one myself but the proprietor of the camp resort was very specific with how I had to go about doing it and hiding the bucket under the rear of the coach. Had to put a cap with hose connection then the 5 gal bucket has to have a lid with a hole just large enough for the piece of garden hose to go in and a small air vent. He also told me that if he gets flak from one of the periodic inspections they get that I would have to can the bucket and either pipe it in or do t use the sink at all. A bit disappointed that the design didn't dump this in with the island tank for the kitchen. The only legal way as mentioned is either to pipe it in yourself of use a portable sealed waste container.
    2015 Reflection 323 BHS #589
    Still working Electrical Engineer
    Rob, Maureen, Dakota, Jacob and Murphy the Lab
    JustinThyme (Just In Time) is a forum handle

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In most places, even national parks, it is against the law to dump grey water on the ground. Better to catch it in a bucket. My brother in law has a Montana with the outside kitchen. It has no tank either. Pretty dumb ideal I think. JMHO

kozzy124
    we only wash hands once in a while in our outside kitchen, so I let it go right on the ground, however, they do make a WYE so you can hook up multiple tank valves tro one sewer hose, to go to a drain. This would only work on a campsite with full hookups though

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People next to us just bought a 2017 308bht. They discovered the out door sink wouldn’t drain. Under the skirting below the sink is a white anti siphon device that acts as a P-trap. We removed it and it appeared ok, of course the water drained. We then stuck a garden hose into the open pipe and water started to flow out the drain for the tank so we verified no blockage however the gate valve is in the closed position so that is broke. Next we replaced the cap on the drain pipe, replaced the anti siphon device and again filled the sink with water and it wouldn’t drain. Removed the cap on the drain for the tank and the sink drained. So obviously the tank vent is not hooked up or it’s blocked. He is looking at returning the rv. You would think that when a dealer takes a rig in for trade they would at least check it over.
    2016 303RLS Reflection # 6244
    2011 2500HD diesel
    Hensley Trailer Saver BD1 5thwheel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LCBoyer View Post
    True, we should not dump grey water on ground. But, I see many people wash their dishes out doors and throw dirty water near a tree or shrub
    We use the outside kitchen sink for washing hands, rinsing out the dog dish etc. We stay in state parks where there is both RV and tent camping. Certainly what's coming out of the outside kitchen sink is no worse than what the tent campers are doing. They aren't saving all their dish water etc and carrying somewhere else.
    Timmer
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 312BHTS
    2015 Ford F350, 6.2L Gas, Crew Cab

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12