User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    beatcop49

Black/Gray water tanks

I just brought home my 308 BHTS. In my docking station are 2 valves to pull, one marked black and one marked gray. I have also noticed 2 discharge outlets...one main, and one for the outside kitchen.

My electronic panel in the house shows 2 gray tanks. Are there 2 grays and if so, does the one valve pull empty both?

Also, does the outside kitchen have its own tank or is it plumbed straight to the discharge?

I went from a small 23 foot Jayco to this...I'm used to 2 valves, 2 tanks, and one discharge outlet.

isleepu
    There is supposed to be 2 grey tanks. Your second grey tank gate valve is behind the wheels under the trailer. You'll have to bend down and look in order to see it. Just picked up my 308 this past weekend. everything appears to be in working order except for this rear grey tank. My gate valve appears to be stuck in the open or closed position. When I turn the water on at the rear kitchen with the outlet cover removed, regardless of how I position the valve lever (open or closed), the sink drains right out onto the ground. Something is wrong for sure.

beatcop49
    Interesting. I was told that the rear kitchen was straight plumbing...the guy who did our walk through wasn't thst knowledgeable about this product.

Let me ask you this. Is there a quick way to dump the fresh water tank? I don't use it and the dealer filled it full for testing.

isleepu
    If it's straight plumbing that's not good. It basically makes the rear sink useless. I may give GD a call today and just get to the bottom of this. My dealer lead me to believe there was a second gray tank.
    The fresh water dump valve is under the trailer just behind the front stabilizer jack.

Nozzlenuts11
    I have a new 308BHTS as well. The rear discharge is for the outside kitchen only and is a direct discharge (there is not a tank connected). The forward facing discharge is for the (2) grey tanks and (1) black tank. The grey valve in the front compartment is for the bathroom grey tank and the second valve behind the wheels is for the interior kitchen grey tank. I was also confused when I first brought my unit home. The dealer had no idea what valve was for what..... This could have been labeled a bit better in my opinion.

isleepu
    Thanks for clearing that up. My dealer is not much help either. So, do people just let their grey water from the outside kitchen run onto the ground?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by beatcop49 View Post
    Is there a quick way to dump the fresh water tank? I don't use it and the dealer filled it full for testing.
    There should be a FW tank drain near the axles on the street side...it a white 1" (?) valve. There'll be a blue pex tank vent/overflow line beside it.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Most coaches with an outside kitchen have a drain that goes directly through. On our friend's Coleman trailer, he puts a 5 gallon bucket under the discharge, then dumps it in an appropriate place when needed.

Rolling Along
    Now-Oct 2018: Prince William Forest Park, NPS, Triangle VA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Directly dumping wastewater, even gray water, is considered an environmental no-no.
    2015 Reflection 337RLS, #931, Built 6/14, Purchased New 1/15
    2015 Silverado 3500HD LTZ SRW CC, 8' Bed, 4WD, Z71, Duramax/Allison
    11,600 GVW, 3,739 Payload, 16.1 mpg for first 21,000 miles
    Reese Elite 18K Hitch with underbed rails
    Amateur Radio KQ3T (ex-WN8PXF, WA8PXF, N3CKQ)
    Felines: Butter (Abyssinian), Cinnamon (Burmese, R.I.P.), and Harry (Orange Tiger Cat, Rescued from Sutton Lake CG, WV)
    2018: Visitor Center Volunteer at Prince William Forest Park, Triangle VA, June thru October
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True, we should not dump grey water on ground. But, I see many people wash their dishes out doors and throw dirty water near a tree or shrub
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast