Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TV question, 2 part

Hello, I have a 2019 375res and the two questions I have are:
    1. Size of TV in living room
    2. Has anyone put a larger TV in and still able to lower it?

Thank you
    2019 Solitude 375RES
    2017 Ford 350

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The TV is a 49 inch TCL branded unit. I have read where someone had to modify the televator to put a 50 inch Sony or something in, can't find the thread right now. The problem is the overhead cabinet and the wood door that closes when
    the tv is down, not much room to go bigger there. I've been very happy with the TCL and the 49" screen in my 375 but tastes vary I guess.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottandmax View Post
    Hello, I have a 2019 375res and the two questions I have are:
    1. Size of TV in living room
    2. Has anyone put a larger TV in and still able to lower it? Thank you
    I have a different trailer but very likely the same TV and cabinet you have. I can guess with confidence that @Txfivver advice is spot-on. I too have seen a post or three about people installing larger TVs in Solitudes but they sure weren't MUCH bigger.

In our trailer I've kept the OEM TCL TV but raised it up on the televator mount by about 1.5" to put a sound bar underneath and to improve responsiveness of the TV to its remote control (the remote receiver on the TV was being obstructed by the cabinet). That 1.5" was enough that the hinged part of the cabinet that falls down over top of the TV when it is lowered doesn't QUITE fall down flat anymore - its edge is raised 3/16" or so above the position it used to assume when the TV is at its lowest position.

So yeah, not much room for either vertical or horizontal growth in the size of your TV. People who have made a change crow about how much BETTER is their new TV, but it's not much bigger.

Good luck with your choices.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the info. I was looking to put a 50inch tv TCL since they are on sale and they have the 4k.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottandmax View Post
    Thank you for the info. I was looking to put a 50inch tv TCL since they are on sale and they have the 4k.
    That's likely about as big as you can go (I'm assuming that you have the 49" TCL now).

FWIW, I believe that others who have replaced their 49" TCL TV have most often gone with Samsung, not another TCL. They've posted about how much better they look and the much-improved smarts and connectivity options. They get them on sale at Costco or other places for a few hundred dollars which makes Canadians like me envious (our TV prices are generally higher here).

Good luck.

P.S. It's best when you're replying to or commenting on another post here to use the Reply With Quote link that appears at the bottom of every post. Doing that copies the text you're responding to into your reply (see your post quoted above in this one) to improve context for people reading later, and it sends an alert to the person who wrote that post so they'll be more likely to come back and see your post.

Welcome to the forum.
    Last edited by boyscout; 10-14-2020 at 08:57 AM.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch