Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help - Not What I Ordered

Janice,

Went to pick up our 303 today. Beautiful RV. Found a sheered screw, but otherwise things were going great in the PDI. About 1/2 way through or so, I notice the windows are not dual pane! I'm thinking seriously?? So, I stopped the PDI and went to discuss with the manager at my dealership. He looked in the computer and said the RV was ordered with dual panes and quoted me the upcharge price, a few hundred dollars. I asked what to do at this point. I was quite upset over this discovery because I asked specifically, on several occasions, that my sales rep and later, her boss, double check the arctic package and dual pane windows were installed because it's a manufacturer build change. So, I asked what we could do from here. He said he could refund the upcharge. I said I want the windows. I don't want to pay all this money and take hits on what we want. So, I ask the manager, "Since you paid for the windows, can't you have GD ship and you install them?" He said he couldn't because it would void the warranty? That didn't make sense to me. Getting more upset as I'm being forced to compromise. So, I said, "At this point, what can I do to get the dual pane windows?" He said I could drive to the manufacturer and you guys would take care of it. Wow, at first, I'm thinking that was an insane, and out of the way, option to get it fixed. The drive, the expense, etc, etc. I asked about ordering another coach, but he said he'd already added two options installed at the dealer--AC and tires--at his expense. Getting more upset. I'm thinking ok, well, as a customer, it's about me isn't it? I said, just pull the tires off, put the originals back on and sell the unit with the second AC. Lots of folks would buy it and probably with the "upgraded tires" as well. He wasn't for that, but basically said the trip to Indiana was the ticket if I had to have dual pane windows. I left. I told him I'd be in touch after I calm down in a couple days and asked him if my deposit was good for a few days. He said yes. So, I'm home and calm.....er. My RV is sitting in the lot in the rain 2.5 hours away.

Please ma'am, i'd like more options if I can get them. If I absolutely have to, I will travel to Indiana, but I'd need to know how that would work? Time needed, when could it happen, etc, etc. I'd have to take off work and coordinate it all. I am frustrated over it, but I know GD will help me rectify the situation and we'll get our new RV. I have faith in that. I have VIN, DOM, and purchase order info as well as pics of the RV sticker.

As a side, but similar issue, one of the other salesmen asked if I was sure I wanted dual pane windows, because "they are boxed, don't look nearly as attractive, and aren't really needed unless you're in Alaska." I got them for added noise and insulation from heat. Now, I'm worried if dual pane are the way to go at all. Do you have a picture of dual pane vs single that I could look at? Listen, I am not slinging mud. Honestly. I just want the RV I ordered unless dual panes aren't functional at all. If they open, let air in, and look good, as I expect, I want them. I can put forth a little more effort to make it happen ok. I told the dealership I'd call them back in a few days with what I want to do. Help!

Brent
    Brent & Gina
    2018 Ford F250 PSD Crew Cab
    SuperGlide 16K Hitch
    Grand Design 303 RLS

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like your dealer dropped the ball and never ordered it with dual pane windows.

The windows themselves don't look any different than the regular ones.

They do help with noise and condensation in winter when running the heat, but they are not thermo pane.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Huntr70, would a dealer outing these in really void the warranty? Could this be an option to do at a later time if the RV never came with it?
    Stephen & Nikki

2013 Ford F-250 SRW w/Firestone Ride Rite Airbags, B&W Companion Hitch,
    Titan XXL 50 Gallon Mid-Ship Fuel Tank and Viair Onboard Air.
    2015 Grand Design Momentum 350M
    2009 Club Car Golf Cart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent M View Post
    Janice,

Went to pick up our 303 today. Beautiful RV. Found a sheered screw, but otherwise things were going great in the PDI. About 1/2 way through or so, I notice the windows are not dual pane! I'm thinking seriously?? So, I stopped the PDI and went to discuss with the manager at my dealership. He looked in the computer and said the RV was ordered with dual panes and quoted me the upcharge price, a few hundred dollars. I asked what to do at this point. I was quite upset over this discovery because I asked specifically, on several occasions, that my sales rep and later, her boss, double check the arctic package and dual pane windows were installed because it's a manufacturer build change. So, I asked what we could do from here. He said he could refund the upcharge. I said I want the windows. I don't want to pay all this money and take hits on what we want. So, I ask the manager, "Since you paid for the windows, can't you have GD ship and you install them?" He said he couldn't because it would void the warranty? That didn't make sense to me. Getting more upset as I'm being forced to compromise. So, I said, "At this point, what can I do to get the dual pane windows?" He said I could drive to the manufacturer and you guys would take care of it. Wow, at first, I'm thinking that was an insane, and out of the way, option to get it fixed. The drive, the expense, etc, etc. I asked about ordering another coach, but he said he'd already added two options installed at the dealer--AC and tires--at his expense. Getting more upset. I'm thinking ok, well, as a customer, it's about me isn't it? I said, just pull the tires off, put the originals back on and sell the unit with the second AC. Lots of folks would buy it and probably with the "upgraded tires" as well. He wasn't for that, but basically said the trip to Indiana was the ticket if I had to have dual pane windows. I left. I told him I'd be in touch after I calm down in a couple days and asked him if my deposit was good for a few days. He said yes. So, I'm home and calm.....er. My RV is sitting in the lot in the rain 2.5 hours away.

Please ma'am, i'd like more options if I can get them. If I absolutely have to, I will travel to Indiana, but I'd need to know how that would work? Time needed, when could it happen, etc, etc. I'd have to take off work and coordinate it all. I am frustrated over it, but I know GD will help me rectify the situation and we'll get our new RV. I have faith in that. I have VIN, DOM, and purchase order info as well as pics of the RV sticker.

As a side, but similar issue, one of the other salesmen asked if I was sure I wanted dual pane windows, because "they are boxed, don't look nearly as attractive, and aren't really needed unless you're in Alaska." I got them for added noise and insulation from heat. Now, I'm worried if dual pane are the way to go at all. Do you have a picture of dual pane vs single that I could look at? Listen, I am not slinging mud. Honestly. I just want the RV I ordered unless dual panes aren't functional at all. If they open, let air in, and look good, as I expect, I want them. I can put forth a little more effort to make it happen ok. I told the dealership I'd call them back in a few days with what I want to do. Help!

Brent
    Hi Brent (@Brent M),

Would you mind sending me a private message with your name, phone number, and the name (and location) of the dealership you're working with? Also if you have it, please include the 17-digit VIN of the Reflection 303RLS. Thanks in advance...

Best regards,
    ~ Janice
    Mailing & shipping address: Grand Design RV, Attn: Customer Support, 13868 CR 4, Bristol IN 46507
    Hours: Monday - Friday (8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST, closed holidays)

- Phones: Grand Design RV Corporate at (574) 825-8000 or Customer Support (direct) at (574) 825-9679
    - Fax: (574) 825-9249
    - Email: [email protected]

- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GrandDesignRv
    - Twitter: https://twitter.com/granddesignrv
    - Google+: https://plus.google.com/113479014558069639097
    - LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grand-design-rv-llc
    - Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/granddesignrv
    - YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHa...PuUd3J3NHNyXVQ

For EMERGENCY or immediate assistance contact your RV dealer or GDRV Customer Support directly at (574) 825-9679 with your 17-digit RV VIN, name, and phone number.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bret,

Just something to think about.

When I ordered my 2015 Solitude, I also felt very strongly about the dual pane windows. The salesman talked me out of it, as he felt that if you do a lot of towing, which we do, there was a risk of the seals being broken and condensation inside the glass. There have been several similar threads in the past, in this website

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't think they had gas inside the dual pane windows. Aren't they just two panes with a 1/2" gap? As far as the warrantee goes, what if one of the windows on the trailer you're looking at now that has stock windows develops a leak or for some reason becomes nonfunctional. The dealer will replace it right? So how does that affect the warrantee.

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GDRV Customer Service View Post
    Hi Brent (@Brent M),

Would you mind sending me a private message with your name, phone number, and the name (and location) of the dealership you're working with? Also if you have it, please include the 17-digit VIN of the Reflection 303RLS. Thanks in advance...

Best regards,
    ~ Janice
    Hi Brent (@Brent M),

Thanks for your quick reply! I've forwarded your contact information to Micah Staley, the GM for our Reflection product lines, and he is going to call you. Or if you prefer to contact him, Micah's cell phone number is (574) 361-1299.

Best regards,
    ~ Janice
    Mailing & shipping address: Grand Design RV, Attn: Customer Support, 13868 CR 4, Bristol IN 46507
    Hours: Monday - Friday (8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST, closed holidays)

- Phones: Grand Design RV Corporate at (574) 825-8000 or Customer Support (direct) at (574) 825-9679
    - Fax: (574) 825-9249
    - Email: [email protected]

- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GrandDesignRv
    - Twitter: https://twitter.com/granddesignrv
    - Google+: https://plus.google.com/113479014558069639097
    - LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grand-design-rv-llc
    - Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/granddesignrv
    - YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHa...PuUd3J3NHNyXVQ

For EMERGENCY or immediate assistance contact your RV dealer or GDRV Customer Support directly at (574) 825-9679 with your 17-digit RV VIN, name, and phone number.

Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GDRV Customer Service View Post
    Hi Brent (@Brent M),

Thanks for your quick reply! I've forwarded your contact information to Micah Staley, the GM for our Reflection product lines, and he is going to call you. Or if you prefer to contact him, Micah's cell phone number is (574) 361-1299.

Best regards,
    ~ Janice
    Not a problem responding. Kind of a tense topic for us and one we're anxious to resolve. I so appreciate you guys getting involved regardless of the outcome. I'll give Mr. Staley a few hours to call before calling him. Thank you so much Janice.

Brent
    Brent & Gina
    SuperGlide 16K Hitch
    Grand Design 303 RLS

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GD350M View Post
    Huntr70, would a dealer outing these in really void the warranty? Could this be an option to do at a later time if the RV never came with it?
    I can't imagine it would void any warranties.

The opening dimensions are the same, and the windows install the same way.

It isn't all that unusual to take a window out and put one back in.

I would imagine the selling dealer doesn't want to do it because they would be eating the labor cost to do it, and it does take time to change windows and sealants.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, ok, great news! I am taken aback, sincerely. My sales rep Elaine called me from Crabtree RV Center in Alma, Arkansas. She apologized profusely stating that they misunderstood the Arctic Package and offered two solutions -- refund the price on the window upcharge and keep this RV or order me another coach. I opted for a new RV with the dual pane windows. Elaine put me in touch with Burt, the owner of Crabtree RV Center and he said after a brief talk, that they will put a new one on order and forward me the paperwork tomorrow. Burt and Elaine were great. So, I get off the phone and start typing a response here about the whole situation to keep you guys up to speed on my situation and I get a call from Mr. Staley, the GM for Grand Design. Great guy and very personable. I told him I'd just gotten off the phone with the dealership and asked him if he had something to do with the dealership calling me. He said Burt already called GD and was working it with TJ Maxey, a GD rep for Mr. Staley. So, shout out to Janice here, Burt & Elaine @ Crabtree, TJ @ GD, and a great follow up from the man himself, Mr. Staley. While I have to wait a few more weeks, I told them I am quite fine with it as our main trip isn't until August.

This company, and the relationships if fosters, is the ********. I'll post followups on when it's coming and more.

A very happy,

Brent
    Brent & Gina
    SuperGlide 16K Hitch
    Grand Design 303 RLS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast