User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reese Goosebox - Who is Using It?

I've been giving serious thought to switching from my Andersen hitch to a Reese Goosebox. I've got a Ram 3500 DRW long bed truck, and could occasionally tow with a Silverado 2500 standard bed (6.5').

My questions are more general that what I've seen here--I just want to know who's using this hitch system, and what you think of it. Also, have you ever had or come really close to bed rail contact with the hitch? That happened with my 2500 once despite having the Andersen ball all the way up, and it was frustrating to see that damage. So I want to avoid that if I go to a different system. Also, how bad is the chucking with the goosebox hitch?
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7803/4...56f2161a_m.jpg

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a GooseBox and have been very happy with it so far. No issues with bed rail contact in my GMC, I have gone to 90 degrees multiple times (needed to back into my driveway). Definitely helped ride quality and chucking a lot. Only "issue" is that since the contact/pivot point is down in the bed, and not 2 feet up, you cannot pack stuff around the hitch like you may with a fifth wheel or andersen as you need space for the neck to rotate around.
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've run one for about 3 years. As long as they have one that works with whatever unit I'm pulling I will always have it. Mine is the first generation, so I had the issue with the relief valve loosing air. Since I put a plug in that no issues. I believe the current generation has fixed that issue. I have used standard 5th wheel hitches and the Anderson. My second choice would be the Anderson.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is a special ball required in the bed? My truck came with the 5th wheel prep with the cam holes and the central hole for the ball. I read somewhere that the B&W turnover ball is the preferred ball for the Goosebox because it raises the connection point a couple of inches to give you more bed rail clearance.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Goosebox here. 8900 miles and counting in one year. Running since day 1 on our Solitude and my RAM. Not even remotely close to any contact with over 8" of clearance with the truck aired down. Turn solid 90s every trip because I have to in order to start my run up the driveway.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania