User Tag List

Thread: Loud Exhaust

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loud Exhaust

I’m only 42 but am I too old to be annoyed by loud exhaust in campgrounds? Truck bro next just started and idled his truck for 15 minutes. I’m guessing he’s got a 4” exhaust with a 5” tip. Of course it’s pointed at our site and we are in here trying to school and work. I mean is 400hp not enough to tow a 7000lb camper? I guess I don’t get.

2018 F-250 6.7L Leveled, 35’s.
    2019 Imagine 2500RL, 640w Solar, Lion UT1300s, 3000w Inverter
    CRE3000, Sumosprings

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some people need to seriously stroke their own ego unfortunately, often at the expense of everyone around them.
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personal needs vs consideration of others. Having camped all over in different conditions I have experienced some annoying conditions and I have been annoying at times.

I don't know much about diesel pushers but a neighboring one would auto start about 1pm, run for 15 minutes, then shut down. Unfortunately the exhaust pipe was 8 feet away from our door so when it started we got a big push of diesel exhaust in the kitchen. After the second day I knocked on the neighbors door and asked him change the habit and explained why, he was very understanding, end of problem.

Cortez, CO, there were a lot of oil field workers in the RV park, 4:30 am about 5 of them would start up and leave for work. I made no complaint to them. 2 reasons, it was only a few minutes and secondly they were going to work. I have a lot of respect for people that go to work at 4:30 am, I was one of them.

Working at the ski resort we had roll call at 7am. Single digit temps, I would warm the truck up for 10 minutes before leaving. I know it's annoying, but no one ever complained, I think they understood.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think all of those above are warranted. But to remote for 15 minutes when it’s 48* out is just kinda rude.

2018 F-250 6.7L Leveled, 35’s.
    2019 Imagine 2500RL, 640w Solar, Lion UT1300s, 3000w Inverter
    CRE3000, Sumosprings

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip94ta View Post
    I think all of those above are warranted. But to remote for 15 minutes when it’s 48* out is just kinda rude.
    Especially with a much louder than necessary after market exhaust system.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree with the observation that there's just too many folks out there who think the world exists for their benefit. Just to keep the noise down I kept the stock mufflers on my Harley AND added baffles. Courtesy is free and the returns are better than the stock market!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obnoxiously loud, smoking diesels will come to an end as soon as one of those guys “Coal Roll” the wrong politician. EPA and other Feds will be on top of all of us diesel owners like a duck on a June bug.
    Ed
    Eddie, Cindy, n Maddie (our fearless Yorkie)
    2012 F-350 LWB 4x4 6.7 SRW C-cab with B&W Turnover + Companion pulling a 2017 307MKS Reflection

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfever View Post
    Obnoxiously loud, smoking diesels will come to an end as soon as one of those guys “Coal Roll” the wrong politician. EPA and other Feds will be on top of all of us diesel owners like a duck on a June bug.
    Ed
    "Us Diesel Owners" are not the problem. Obnoxious jerks intentionally making their trucks into biohazards are the issue there.....it is already illegal.