Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Old dog gets taught new awning trick

We pulled into the fancy resort RV park to spend a month. Took time to set the Momentum just so on the pad so the utilities were all lined up, enough room to easily park the truck without getting on the grass and making sure every part of the RV was out of the street so others could easily get my. The rear of the trailer was about 3" from the road. Ramp for garage will be in the street when opened but it doesn't stay that way.

So what went wrong? Next day was nice and sunny so I put the awnings out. Sitting in the yard and a new neighbor starts down the street behind the MO. He comes to our RV and stops, hmmm! so I go look. Little did I realize that when I opened the rear awning and I was that far back in the site that the rear awning stuck out into the road about 2 feet.

Rear awning will stay in till we move.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least the new neighbor was paying enough attention not to tear your awning off. Certainly could have been worse.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Close call. [emoji854]

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've found out the same thing this summer.
    Since then; sometimes I will try to put the Solitude in the spot and try to get the back of the rig as close to parallel to the road as possible. Doing this will also free up more parking space in front. KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    We pulled into the fancy resort RV park to spend a month. Took time to set the Momentum just so on the pad so the utilities were all lined up, enough room to easily park the truck without getting on the grass and making sure every part of the RV was out of the street so others could easily get my. The rear of the trailer was about 3" from the road. Ramp for garage will be in the street when opened but it doesn't stay that way.

So what went wrong? Next day was nice and sunny so I put the awnings out. Sitting in the yard and a new neighbor starts down the street behind the MO. He comes to our RV and stops, hmmm! so I go look. Little did I realize that when I opened the rear awning and I was that far back in the site that the rear awning stuck out into the road about 2 feet.

Rear awning will stay in till we move.
    Oh man! I feel your pain! That is so easy to do, I usually listen real careful if the DW isn't making noise and the awnings sound a little different when they go out and then I double check. Someday I'm going to label the switches in the garage so I don't mess up. Only had it a little over two years and just haven't found the time
    2020 Ford F-350 King Ranch, 2021 Momentum 397TH, Kawasaki KRX 1000