User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pin box bolt torque question

I am planning on swapping out my Stock Lippert Pin Box with a Morryde Rubber Pin Box. I called Grand Design Customer Service to find out what my existing bolt size is so I can torque them to Morryde’s specs. The bolt size is 5/8”-11 but they could not tell me whether they were grade 5 zinc or grade 8 flange. Grade 5 zinc is torqued to 135 ft-lbs. and Grade 8 Flange are torqued to 170 ft.-lbs. Unfortunately, the marker with the exact torque number has rubbed off my existing king pin. Does anyone know if the stock bolts for the Reflection 303RLS are grade 5 or 8?

Thanks.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think I found my answer. I will need to check the head of my bolts. Posted in case anyone was interested.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Radcolt View Post
    I am planning on swapping out my Stock Lippert Pin Box with a Morryde Rubber Pin Box. I called Grand Design Customer Service to find out what my existing bolt size is so I can torque them to Morryde’s specs. The bolt size is 5/8”-11 but they could not tell me whether they were grade 5 zinc or grade 8 flange. Grade 5 zinc is torqued to 135 ft-lbs. and Grade 8 Flange are torqued to 170 ft.-lbs. Unfortunately, the marker with the exact torque number has rubbed off my existing king pin. Does anyone know if the stock bolts for the Reflection 303RLS are grade 5 or 8?

Thanks.
    Look at the head of the bolt. if there are three lines radiating out from the center (120 degrees apart), it is a grade 5 bolt. If there are 6 lines (60 degrees apart) it is a grade 8 bolt. Google "bolt grade markings". The bolts on our Solitude are grade 5 and many of them were fairly loose (no where near 135 #-ft) when delivered.

Chris

I see you found the answer.
    Last edited by CoChris; 10-09-2020 at 12:36 PM.
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023