I should wait but I've got nothing better to do today

Met with my Mobile RV Technician for a pre-installation meeting today. He took measurements and drew up a schematic for the installation and directed me on the parts I need to order.

The job will consist of installing an Onan LP 3600 Generator, wired to a remote switch inside and a automatic 50amp transfer switch. Plus, he will install my 1000 watt pure sine wave inverter connected to a sub panel that will power most, if not all, my 110v receptacles.

He will be constructing the actual "box" that the generator will be mounted within in the front compartment, run all the wiring and panels and switches, exhaust, LP gas lines, etc.

The generator will cost me $3,292 (free shipping and no sales tax), the ancillary parts are $412 for the transfer switch (yikes!), $70 for 30' of wiring harness, $85 for a remote power switch with the hour meter and $30 - 40 for the exhaust. All in, the gen will be about $4,000. I already have the inverter from my previous 5th wheel.

His cost will be about $2,200 which will include all the other parts including the box, steel mounting frame, gas lines, another transfer switch and/or sub-panel for the inverter and all wiring.

So it looks like $6 - 6,500. The dealer quoted me about $9,000 for the generator but nothing to do with the inverter so I think that's pretty good. I have used this technician before and he does great work and is very knowledgeable.

I will post pictures here when we do the install which is scheduled for the beginning of April when we return from our upcoming trip.