Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New 28BH - No LP alert on fridge with slide in

Hi-- just wanted to verify that the fridge "should" work on LP when the slide is IN, correct? I looked under the slide and couldn't see any indication the LP lines where getting kinked or bound up, but the fridge shuts down on LP when the slide is in.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by drewb4 View Post
    Hi-- just wanted to verify that the fridge "should" work on LP when the slide is IN, correct? I looked under the slide and couldn't see any indication the LP lines where getting kinked or bound up, but the fridge shuts down on LP when the slide is in.
    Mine does.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to confirm, does it work on LP with the slide out? The reason I ask is that we never run ours on LP with the slide out. If yours doesn't run on LP with the slide out you have a different problem.
    John & Cheryl
    Sold: 2017 Tiffin Allegro 31SA Motorhome
    Sold: 2017 Reflection 337RLS, dual pane windows, 2nd A/C, Go Power! Solar Elite w/2000 watt inverter, Titan electric/hydraulic brakes, Goodyear Endurance ST235/85 R16 tires
    Sold: 2015 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, SRW, Duramax/Allison, 50 gallon Transfer Flow auxiliary tank
    States we have camped in with an RV:

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes it does run on LP with the slide out. When I did the walk through at the dealer, we had the slide out and it was running off LP; I noticed when we brought the slide in that it was trying to reignite but I had assumed someone turned the propane off at the tank since we were preparing to hook up to my truck.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Technically, yes, it "should" work with the slide in. Although many people feel it's not a good idea, since it's usually when you're traveling that the slide is in, and it could be a hazard.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    Technically, yes, it "should" work with the slide in. Although many people feel it's not a good idea, since it's usually when you're traveling that the slide is in, and it could be a hazard.
    Thanks-- yes it wasn't for traveling, our storage facility doesn't have power and I was wanting to cool the fridge down prior to loading up.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks-- yes it wasn't for traveling, our storage facility doesn't have power and I was wanting to cool the fridge down prior to loading up.
    Ah, OK. Question - what were you going to do once cooled down and loaded up? Turn off the propane, and let the fridge warm up again? Here's a thread worth reading:
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...ment-(Norcold)

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    Ah, OK. Question - what were you going to do once cooled down and loaded up? Turn off the propane, and let the fridge warm up again? Here's a thread worth reading:
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...ment-(Norcold)
    Thanks that is helpful. Usually what we do is pack the Yeti and then load up the fridge when we get to the campsite when it has cooled down. I have a multi day X-country trip coming up and that plan won't work so was hoping to keep the fridge full until we drive to the next site. It will be November though so not going to be hot-- I'll keep an eye on it.