Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A couple of questions for owners from a newbie

We looked at the Solitude 390rk and love the set up. It is at the top of our list. Do you recommend the upgraded 8k axles and H rated tires? Worth the money?

Also does anyone know if we can get a 3rd ac?

KC

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BCAAFD View Post
    We looked at the Solitude 390rk and love the set up. It is at the top of our list. Do you recommend the upgraded 8k axles and H rated tires? Worth the money?

Also does anyone know if we can get a 3rd ac?

KC
    As you can see below I don't own a 390RK.

However the cargo carrying capacity with the 7K axles is barely over 2,000 pounds in a trailer with a huge amount of storage space. IMO it's an easy decision to get the upgraded axles and tires.

A third air conditioner was briefly an option on some Solitudes but then disappeared. I've seen reports here that the option was withdrawn because GD is having trouble getting enough AC units. A dealer can likely give you the most reliable information about whether there are any possible work-arounds to get a third A/C unit from GD.

Good luck with your decision.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    As you can see below I don't own a 390RK.

However the cargo carrying capacity with the 7K axles is barely over 2,000 pounds in a trailer with a huge amount of storage space. IMO it's an easy decision to get the upgraded axles and tires.

A third air conditioner was briefly an option on some Solitudes but then disappeared. I've seen reports here that the option was withdrawn because GD is having trouble getting enough AC units. A dealer can likely give you the most reliable information about whether there are any possible work-arounds to get a third A/C unit from GD.

Good luck with your decision.
    Thanks for the info
    KC
    Looking at Solitude 390RK

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would not hesitate for that upgrade! The margin for CCC is worth the cost, and the cost is less than after-the-fact upgrading!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would first upgrade to disk brakes (top priority), then 8K axles w/H-rated tires - I would personally do all of this. I would not upgrade to 8K axles unless I added disk brakes as well. Adding a 3rd AC later is pretty easy (physically demanding to get the AC on the roof and a bit messy to remove the existing roof vent). You may not need the 3rd AC depending on where and when you camp.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi new member here. I just ordered a 390rk in Oct. I was concerned about if two ac units would be sufficient and wanted to order a 3rd ac but was told it is no longer available for this unit. I contacted Grand Design in regards to this because I knew about a shortage of ac units but I wanted to know if they at least come pre wired for a 3rd unit but was told at Grand Design that they are not pre wired for a 3rd unit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another Grand Design newbie here as well, Just ordered our Solitude 380FL-R. Ordered with the 8K axles w/disk brakes. Packaged together. Also got the Cooper H-rated tires which the order said was only available with 8k axles. Asked if we could order a third A/C. Dealer told me the Grand Design rep. said it can be done. I guess we will see in 12 to 14 weeks?
    Getting it all right up front just makes sense.
    Randy and Brigitte
    Middle Georgia
    2019 Ford F350 DRW Super Duty Long Bed 6.7L Powerstroke
    Planning on Solitude 380FL with B&W Companion 20K hitch