User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Campground Courtesy

So my wife and I are spending the month of October at a very nice commercial campground in Port Aransas, Texas. This morning I noticed a fellow camper across from us preparing to leave. After he drained his tanks he removed his stinky slinky and laid it on the picnic table of the vacant site next to his. He then proceeded to take his fresh water hose and rinse his stinky slinky out letting the contaminated water run over the picnic table and patio area of the vacant camp site. Later I reported this to the campground management and advised them to disinfectant the table. So the message here is be careful in the use of the facilities provided by the campground, you never know what your s#&t for brains neighbor has done prior to your arrival.
    John & Cindy
    2019 Reflection 303 RLS
    2018 Ford F250 6.7 PSD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unbelievable. What's wrong with people!!

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    2018 GMC Sierra Denali HD
    2017 308BHTS

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnww View Post
    So my wife and I are spending the month of October at a very nice commercial campground in Port Aransas, Texas. This morning I noticed a fellow camper across from us preparing to leave. After he drained his tanks he removed his stinky slinky and laid it on the picnic table of the vacant site next to his. He then proceeded to take his fresh water hose and rinse his stinky slinky out letting the contaminated water run over the picnic table and patio area of the vacant camp site. Later I reported this to the campground management and advised them to disinfectant the table. So the message here is be careful in the use of the facilities provided by the campground, you never know what your s#&t for brains neighbor has done prior to your arrival.
    Wow, that's worse than what I saw at our campground in Bakersfield, CA this past week. Guy departing, drained his tanks, and took the stinky slinky and, holding both ends up, walked to the "gutter" at edge of his campsite and dumped it there, creating a messy puddle. Sorry to say, I didn't think about mentioning it to the campground people. Wish I had, as it was directly across the street from our site.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ever growing problem of American self-centeredness... just like the fire ring is not a convenient trash can for the day you break camp!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    The ever growing problem of American self-centeredness... just like the fire ring is not a convenient trash can for the day you break camp!
    I would have a multi-page list of things we've dug out of fire rings/pits that shouldn't be there when we've gotten to some campsites.

I'm thinking some of it also relates to the present "Oh, let's buy an RV and travel, since we can't go anywhere else" mentality. There's a lot of people buying RVs on an impulse who've not done ANY research as to what will work for them; or how RVs work, or anything about how to deal with new neighbors every other day.
    Last edited by livinthelife; 10-10-2020 at 05:59 PM.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnww View Post
    OMG and WTF
    Unbelievable, here's hoping that karma exists. For the rest of us, please be cautious.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    some people are just stupid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FR8TFLYER View Post
    some people are just stupid.
    Exactly!!!!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes someone just needs to go speak with the person and educate them. Most people won't do that. KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbiker View Post
    Sometimes someone just needs to go speak with the person and educate them. Most people won't do that. KEN
    You may or may not be right. Now a days and in some of our experiences, those that behave like that don’t want your advice/help.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast