User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2020 351M Patio Awning question

Does anyone know what model of awning is on the 2020 351M's? My dealer has my unit (been there for 1 month) and I don't have access to it to see what model it is and all my paper work is in the unit also. It is in there because the awning won't retract fully and they are saying it is the motor. They clam they ordered a motor but it didn't fit once it came in and they are having to order another. I contacted GD and according to them there has been nothing ordered for my unit and I am about to become upset with my dealers service dept. If i can find the model of the awning then I am going to look it up myself and go from there. Thanks in advance for any info anyone may have..
    2020 3500 SRW GMC AT4
    2020 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Fireside Member KIMandALLEN1988's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2021 351m and I'm pretty sure it is a Carefree out of Colorado. We just had our rear patio awning replaced under warranty for the same issue. We'd already been out over 30 nights this year when out of nowhere the thing would not retract. You could use the manual hub to pull it in somewhat, but not all of the way. My dealer talked about ordering a new motor, but ultimately they just ordered and installed an entire new unit. It seems to be working well so far.
    2022 Chevrolet 3500hd LTZ drw
    2023 GD Momentum 397THS-R (FBP!)
    2021 Harley Davidson Electra Glide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KIMandALLEN1988 View Post
    We have a 2021 351m and I'm pretty sure it is a Carefree out of Colorado. We just had our rear patio awning replaced under warranty for the same issue. We'd already been out over 30 nights this year when out of nowhere the thing would not retract. You could use the manual hub to pull it in somewhat, but not all of the way. My dealer talked about ordering a new motor, but ultimately they just ordered and installed an entire new unit. It seems to be working well so far.
    We just got or unit back and they supposedly replaced the motor. Time will tell how long it will work, hoping forever lol.
    2020 3500 SRW GMC AT4
    2020 Momentum 351M