Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something along the line of an oversize cv boot. Large enough for the gear to sit inside and clear the toothed rail. Attach it to the frame and when the slide is closed it compresses it enough help keep water out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cvboot.jpg  
    Tommy & Elaine Thornton
    Manassas, VA
    2015 Chevy 2500HD Z-71 6.0 crew cab short bed
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good idear!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, do you have any pictures of your fender well modification? Would like to see them. Thanks, Al

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob. Rick Olson here from Wisconsin. I have a GD Momentum 385 with same water issue. What did you find as the problem? And what did GD tell you to do and were they paying for it? Thank You Rick

scott42blue
    Great post, Thanks for taking the time and effort. I am new owner with RV in shop doing new owner modifications , great time to deal with this. My first thought is keep water out rather than drain it. With tire going forward 99% of the time would it be possible to make shield ( self draining ) that protects slide out rail only in forward motion ? In other words tires create constant spray in one direction like a water hose as they go down the road, backing up would not be a large volume. Love to get input from other owners.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Rick (RicknDebOlson)

The duckbill valve idea was a suggestion, to let the water out if it has found its way in. I don't know if anyone has tried this. We have not encountered the "water in the underbelly" problem . . . so far.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

agoutdoors
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1152.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	100.6 KB 
ID:	1632Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1230.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	1633Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1143.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	1634Rick - the only evidence of water we found has to be from road spray. Based on rust drops, water stains, etc... this is the only explanation. GD paid for a mobile tech to remove the underbelly (front and back) and replace the insulation (but only to the level of what they had before which was virtually nothing). They also sent out a bunch of the black rubber silicone and he spent a bit of time going around the underbelly and frame sealing up any gaps we could come up with (which was a lot). They didn't have any solution for the bottom of the slide rails so I created my own "gasket". It won't keep all the water out but it will probably keep it at a minimum. I need to do the same thing for the round hydraulic slide piston but haven't it. I will attempt to attach a few pictures. They also paid to have a seal replaced on the driver's side rear slide. The rubber seal was being drawn into the rollers and ripping it apart. I checked again with the new one and its doing the same thing again so I will need to address this with GD. They paid for all the work and materials to date. If you want more information please let me know and we can set a time to talk on the phone.

agoutdoors
    More pictures:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1150.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	1635Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1142.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	1636Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1138.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	103.9 KB 
ID:	1637

I didn't take any pictures after all the sealing was done but should do that soon. I went back and put sealant around the welded plates that the slide rails go through.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for posting the photos. It's really nice to know exactly what to look for when ours arrives. As of today, it looks like it will be ordered in May for July delivery to the dealer - so it will be a 2016. It will be interesting to see if they implement any design elements to deal with some of these issues between now and then.
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by agoutdoors View Post
    I need to do the same thing for the round hydraulic slide piston but haven't it.
    Isn't there a stop can on the hydraulic drive actuator that would be tight to the frame rail when the slide is fully retracted which pretty much seals that hole in the frame?

Dave
    Last edited by Dave and Monica; 03-20-2015 at 09:20 PM.
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast