User Tag List

Thread: Minor leaking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Minor leaking

I have a minor problem with leaking behind the Nautilus panel. The leak is at one of the connections to the manifold behind the Nautilus panel. It only leaks when the vales are set to pump water from storage containers into the tank. It appears to be a loose connection. I tighten it to stop the leak but when the Nautilus panel is screwed back into position, the very tight and short PEX tubing loosens the connection again. Has anyone replaced some of the PEX with a braided water hose? Its very hard to work on things behind the panel because of the maze of tubing.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I access the back of my panel by removing the center basement wall board. That way you can take a look at everything in its normal position , and you eliminate the movement of reinstalling the panel. I got an extendable t-handle basin wrench from Amazon to tighten the fittings. On fifth wheels the center panels removes easily , not sure about a tt.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msdevery View Post
    I have a minor problem with leaking behind the Nautilus panel. The leak is at one of the connections to the manifold behind the Nautilus panel. It only leaks when the vales are set to pump water from storage containers into the tank. It appears to be a loose connection. I tighten it to stop the leak but when the Nautilus panel is screwed back into position, the very tight and short PEX tubing loosens the connection again. Has anyone replaced some of the PEX with a braided water hose? Its very hard to work on things behind the panel because of the maze of tubing.
    If the fitting crimped to the Pex line is coming loose from the Nautilus valve, you likely have a damaged “cone washer”. See https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...766#post167766 You can take the cone washer from a new fitting (available at Home Depot or similar) and replace the one in your existing fitting.

There is a much discussed (on this forum) problem with drip leaks between soft hose and Pex fittings. Some (including me) have gone to great lengths to replace all the soft hose with Pex tubing. See the attachment to the first post in this thread https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...n-303RLS/page7. Replacing Pex with soft tubing would be backwards to this.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS