User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 260 RD Peeves

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forgot to mention the switch panel, what where they thinking with that blue lighted switch and whoever mounted the switches, really, half are upside down.
    2016 Ram 2500 Longhorn 4X4 6.4L SB
    B&W Companion W/Turnoverball
    2024 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GRKC5123 View Post
    Forgot to mention the switch panel, what where they thinking with that blue lighted switch and whoever mounted the switches, really, half are upside down.
    Did I meet you and your wife at Cedar Point Rec area in North Carolina last November?
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, we haven't made it to that part of the county, yet.
    2016 Ram 2500 Longhorn 4X4 6.4L SB
    B&W Companion W/Turnoverball
    2024 Reflection 303RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GRKC5123 View Post
    At first I thought that some of the switches were mounted or wired incorrectly, but upon further review...

They are just like 3way switches in your house, they just toggle lights on or off. Most of the lighting can be controlled via the compass app as well as the panel, so the physical switch position on the panel is irrelevant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 21 260RD as well. Mostly it’s great, but i totally relate. Ive had to go and fix a bunch of little things like misaligned drawer latches, carpet staples, loose cabinet hinges, a loose water connection under the sink,

To remove the furrion stove spill plate you take off the grates, then pull up on the rear corners, it will pop free and then just lift up. Comes off easy once you see how it latches.

My peeves: yeah the blue main light switch illuminates the cabin by itself! Why in the heck did they not vent the fantastic microwave hood outside?!? The rear stabilizers are too long without enough ground clearance.

One thing my wife found was that in the narrow pantry next to the fridge, you can remove the top shelf and its a coat closet. It has a hanger rack already...cool

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmbrenner View Post
    I have a 21 260RD as well. Mostly it’s great, but i totally relate. Ive had to go and fix a bunch of little things like misaligned drawer latches, carpet staples, loose cabinet hinges, a loose water connection under the sink,
    Just last week I bought the economy pack of #6 x 3/4 tapered screws because the ones used to hold the drawer clamps are too short and mostly over tightened when installed and just fall out with a stripped hole. A couple times I went and got the small utility packs at Lowes but I'm never able to find them when needed.

To remove the furrion stove spill plate you take off the grates, then pull up on the rear corners, it will pop free and then just lift up. Comes off easy once you see how it latches.
    Thanks good to know

My peeves: yeah the blue main light switch illuminates the cabin by itself! Why in the heck did they not vent the fantastic microwave hood outside?!? The rear stabilizers are too long without enough ground clearance.
    I fortunately don't have that light. I do have the vent for the stove hood. Most all TTs and 5Ws with the scissor jacks are as you describe. A few 2x8 blocks under the feet helps keep things taught.

One thing my wife found was that in the narrow pantry next to the fridge, you can remove the top shelf and its a coat closet. It has a hanger rack already...cool
    That is something I need to look into. I was afraid of the canned goods going through the thin luan shelves so I put some precut shelf boards in to better support the weight.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 10-17-2020 at 04:49 PM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by doghauler View Post
    We have a 260 RD and are going on our second year with it. I love everything about it and am not bothered at all about any of the things on your list. It is a great RV. Built well. Great layout. Not a single thing to fix or get warranty coverage for. Maybe you are a little picky. From what I have seen from other RV manufacturers things, could be much worse.
    I have a 2020 260RD and my wife and I have only one recent issue with it. There is a heat vent at the foot of the bed in the upper bedroom. The furnace is actually very close to this vent and the heat is like a blow torch in the bedroom. I will be blocking that vent since heat rises and we will get enough warmth from the main level. The duct in that room is so close to the furnace it actually lights up at night. Other than that, love the floor plan and arrangements it provides us. We tented when the kids were young and later went to a pop-up, then a 24' tag along, then 29', then a small fifth wheel which we lost in Nevada due to axle issue that dexter could not resolve for several weeks, so came home with another 28' tag along. But after seven years, we had to go back to a fifth wheel that addressed all our needs and the 260RD met all. (except for the hot bedroom on a recent trip to Pa in cool weather)
    Terry and Elizabeth
    2020 Reflection 260RD Using Anderson Hitch
    2020 F350 SuperDuty Diesel Crew Dually Long Bed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’ve had our 260 for a year and are enjoying it. Did experience a refrigerator vent fan failure necessitating warranty work. We installed an additional fan to help prevent the problem reoccurring. It’s working well.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great 1st post jm. I'll try out that stove trick today.
    Welcome to the club.

So I tried to remove the spill plate but was afraid to break something as the solution was not obvious to me. A pic would be nice...
    Last edited by Grandesigner; 10-18-2020 at 03:30 PM.
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the 260RD as well.

Can you post pictures of the paper towel holder for the wine rack? Does it look okay? The wine rack appears to be useless unless you are staying someplace for a while. Plus, we are not wine drinkers.

We do have some issues with the TV Remote but not sure of the fix.

The fan over the stove is not vented to the outside, so will need to run the overhead exhaust vent fans anyway. In rainy weather that won't work with the rear overhead vent because of the rain sensor, but can run the one in the bathroom once we put a hood over that one.

I like the key rack and door.

In the bathroom I added some heavy duty command strips and in the shower I installed a metal shower rod to hang wet stuff on/ Works good.

Speakers are okay.

I will have to look at the burners. So far hasn't been hard to clean.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast