Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 260 RD Peeves

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandesigner View Post
    Okay 260RD owners...who has winterized with RV antifreeze and how many gallons did you use?
    I was able to have pink antifreeze running thru all outlets with one gallon on my 260RD. I did take about a quarter of a second gallon to add more to the traps and manually pumped some in the Black Flush line. The reason I did the black flush line is in a prior RV, there was a plastic check value that froze and when I was running the flush at a campsite, water was running out in the rear corner where the line was at. I removed a panel and saw this plastic piece was cracked.. I was able to remove it and install a new one. So, I assumed the 260RD had a check value as well.. I ran two or three manual pumps thru and saw pink running out of the outside dump line.
    Terry and Elizabeth
    2020 Reflection 260RD Using Anderson Hitch
    2020 F350 SuperDuty Diesel Crew Dually Long Bed

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    It takes 2-1/2 gallons to fill the system. I don't leave it in however. After blowing the lines out with air (be sure to do the fresh tank fill line too), I flush with antifreeze and drain it right back into the bottles from the low point drains. I then blow the lines out again. Doing this ensures any water trapped at a low point gets flushed out or mixed with antifreeze. Also it helps in the spring flushing the water lines and prevents any antifreeze smell or aftertaste. The two gallons I recover get poured into the sink and shower drains. I try to leave at least a gallon to pour into the toilet / black tank leaving some in it as a seal.
    The grey tanks I drain completely catching any remaining run off in a bucket and dumping it in my septic system.
    Since I have never filled the fresh water tank...I did not concern myself with that line and the tank has always been empty.
    Terry and Elizabeth
    2020 Reflection 260RD Using Anderson Hitch
    2020 F350 SuperDuty Diesel Crew Dually Long Bed

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These are 260 Peeves? Perhaps a new topic friends...

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by terryriddle View Post
    I was able to have pink antifreeze running thru all outlets with one gallon on my 260RD. I did take about a quarter of a second gallon to add more to the traps and manually pumped some in the Black Flush line. The reason I did the black flush line is in a prior RV, there was a plastic check value that froze and when I was running the flush at a campsite, water was running out in the rear corner where the line was at. I removed a panel and saw this plastic piece was cracked.. I was able to remove it and install a new one. So, I assumed the 260RD had a check value as well.. I ran two or three manual pumps thru and saw pink running out of the outside dump line.
    Good point about the other lines. I've never worried about them on previous units but I guess I will now.
    My peeve was going to be about how many gallons it takes compared to previous units, but I got pink out of all orifices with only one gallon also, so peeve avoided. Another thread had up to 4 gallons required, but that was a larger unit with a washing machine...
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, the a/v controller being located 1/4 turned to the rear seating area in our 240RL is not being picky. Its as if a designer has never actually used a trailer. I guess if all I did was sit outside I would complain that I can not control the radio without walking up the steps if the controller was facing the rear seats!
    2020 Reflection 150 240 RL
    2020 Ford F-250 4WD Crew Cab Diesel
    2004 Dodge 2500 2wd crew cab Diesel
    2000 Carver 450 Voyager Motor Yacht

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Nick31, I just relocated my radio and now know what the deal was at least for our model. Pretty sure it had to do with standard sizes for cabinet doors. Why they had to put a door to the right of the TV, I'll never know, but the radio does not fit perfectly in that space. It will look off center until the Jensen dies but I'm sure a double din replacement will look and sound better when it does.
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Infrared bounces off walls, just point the remote at the back wall/windows and it works fine.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not so good, had to turn on lights and get up and poke the radio manually most of the time. Would have been nice but it now works as expected.
    Dan and Rita

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with all your peeves, as we too only use our RV to boon dock in the National Forest around us. But you forgot to mention OUR biggest peeve lol, and that is the fact that the entrance to the bedroom is on the same side as the slide, which means every time we have to access the bedroom for loading/unloading, we have to open the slide. We park our trailer on a slight incline on the side of our house and since Grand Design only recommends that the slide be opened only with the unit leveled, I'm afraid one of these days I'm going to cause damage to the slide unit. My wife also hates that there is no towel bar in the kitchen for a roll of paper towels and we are considering removing the wine rack and installing our own towel bar. As for the sewer hose holder, I wish they had added a rear "bumper" to store the hose. The first thing we always do is open the slide once we are leveled and always forget about the sewer hose underneath the coach, oh well lol no big deal. This is our third RV and we really love the new innovations that our others didn't have (like the self leveling system and motion lights). But its sometimes the little things that you get used to.
    2004 Ford F-250 6.0 Diesel
    2021 Reflection 260RD

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I didn't mention that as a peeve because we knew about it going in, but yeah, it is bothersome. We sometimes seek 'roadside relief' when it is feasible.
    Besides the paper towel holder in place of the wine rack, we are thinking of stick on hooks to hold pot holders and hot gloves, on the side of the microwave. Maybe even a pop a plate will fit there. There is a lot of wasted volume there.
    I might relocate the slinky holder for easy access also.
    Dan and Rita

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast