User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 260 RD Peeves

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The space where the wine rack is looks like a great place to put a pull down shelf to put Keurig coffee maker on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandesigner View Post
    AV head unit - why did they not orient it towards the couch? The remote can't work at 90 degrees, lol. I will probably relocate it to face the couch.

Stove light and fan - so apparently they expect you to cook only when plugged in...no 12v light and fan, so will probably add one.

Bathroom towel bars - only one bar and one ring, ordered one more of each, OEM to match correctly.

Blue light switch - way too bright at night, looking into some kind of cover that flips up and down
    In my 240RL the TV sound doesn't go through the head unit anyway, and when listening to music inside I can usually point the remote at the wall and get it to do stuff. Mine faces the door so it's nice for when I'm outside. The stove light and fan shouldn't draw too much power, you could add a power inverter for that. As for the blower fan, mine was blowing out the top of the microwave, but I noticed there was a plastic vent on the outside wall, and they reconfigured it right there on the spot to blow outside. I added two brushed steel command hooks to the side of the cabinet over the toilet for towels. The blue light switch can be dimmed by adding a resistor to the ground wire for the light, or replacing with a different $.99 switch

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our TV sound did not go thru the head unit from the factory, but the TV had a headphone output that we plugged into the head unit to fix that problem. The remote did not work most of the time until I relocated the head unit to point to the couch. Now I can't find that little remote

The stove lights will heat the inside of the microwave quite a bit after a while, so they are not led lights, which is a waste of power IMO. When boondocking we use the microwave to store bread and similar items. We found out recently we can't do that when plugged in and use the stove lights. If there is an led light swap available, I might consider an inverter...good idea.

Edits;
    The lights are 30W each, so 60W total. I will search for led lights regardless. Has anyone replaced their 120v furrion bulbs with led bulbs yet?

The 120V plug is wedged between the microwave and the side wall where the TV is, so I would have to remove the micro wave for access to it.
    So I'm thinking maybe just a 12v led light above the stove is the answer. We tried a cheap battery one velcroed on but something screw on with power from the house batteries would fit the bill.
    Last edited by Grandesigner; 04-26-2021 at 11:08 AM.
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just got our 260RD and after our 4 day shake-down, the "Wife Unit" only had one problem with the Wine Rack..it needs to be BIGGER.. All aside for this being our 9th RV over the years, it looks to be a great little unit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Convex mirror affixed to the wall by the radio. Point the remote toward the left side of the mirror and ....bam....problem fixed.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmbrenner View Post
    Ok, one more peeve...Which frickin' tank is which? On the monitor, Gray 1 is the shower/sink and Gray 2 is the Galley I think. is it the same on the levers? Is The first Gray lever tank1 (Shower)? Nowhere does it say...it's just trial and error. Are the tanks joined or fully separate? Again, online, manual, etc - nada....
    Well, I can answer which pull gray valve takes care of which area of the RV, based on my RV...I added color to a pale of water and poured it in the kitchen sink. When I pulled the gray valve closes to the tow vehicle, it ran pink. The second gray valve was clear... So for my unit, the first pull valve is for the kitchen and the second for the shower/sink. NOW, I will pay attention to he internal switches to see if they are in sink with the pull valves, knowing that the shower will indicate water before the kitchen sink on a one night stand.
    Terry and Elizabeth
    2020 Reflection 260RD Using Anderson Hitch
    2020 F350 SuperDuty Diesel Crew Dually Long Bed

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by js&ziva View Post
    Convex mirror affixed to the wall by the radio. Point the remote toward the left side of the mirror and ....bam....problem fixed.
    Wow...you scienced the hell out of it, lol
    I only wish my eyes were more electromagnetic...but actually seeing the head unit while sitting in the recliner was the reason why I relocated it. Lot's of good info is displayed while in use.

Also, I just fixed another peeve by relocating the stinky slinky tube rearward for better access while the slide is open. There is a nice spot just in front of the spare tire, several feet back from the stock location. Not sure why it was not that way from the factory...
    Last edited by Grandesigner; 07-06-2021 at 08:17 AM.
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by terryriddle View Post
    Well, I can answer which pull gray valve takes care of which area of the RV, based on my RV...I added color to a pale of water and poured it in the kitchen sink. When I pulled the gray valve closes to the tow vehicle, it ran pink. The second gray valve was clear... So for my unit, the first pull valve is for the kitchen and the second for the shower/sink. NOW, I will pay attention to he internal switches to see if they are in sink with the pull valves, knowing that the shower will indicate water before the kitchen sink on a one night stand.
    Well....on my trip to Maine today, I tested the interior gray 1 and 2 switches that are suppose to let you know if the tank is full or not. I have never had a camper that provided any accuracy with these types of sensors. Well, knowing that all tanks were empty when we left and only one night in our first site on the trip, I knew that the long shower for my wife and washing of her hair and my unusual longer that normal shower would reflect more than the washing of a few dishes after dinner. And yes, they are just the reverse of the pull valves. The sink only had one single red light and the shower had three red lights...and the shower was #1 inside...just the reverse. My pet peeve..why not alien them with the outside pull valves???
    Terry and Elizabeth
    2020 Reflection 260RD Using Anderson Hitch
    2020 F350 SuperDuty Diesel Crew Dually Long Bed

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well they just don't care...just like why both sets of speakers were wired out of phase.
    50-50 chance of getting them right? Good enough, lol
    Dan and Rita

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by js&ziva View Post
    Yeah, but then because of the mirror you would have to hit the Volume Down button to get louder and the Volume Up button to get quieter.
    2021 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    2021 Ram 2500 Hemi, Crew Cab Short Bed
    2-206 AH SOK Batteries, Victron MultiPlus 3000VA Inverter, 800 watts solar

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456