User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 260 RD Peeves

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

260 RD Peeves

So after spending about a month in our new unit, here is a list of peeves that need attention. Keep in mind we prefer dry camping over RV parks, but will plug in when too hot or cold.

Wine rack - replaced with paper towel holder and considering adding a pop a plate as there is room

AV head unit - why did they not orient it towards the couch? The remote can't work at 90 degrees, lol. I will probably relocate it to face the couch.

Key holder hidden by door - relocated to under the AV head unit for easy access and will probably remove the door since the head unit will be there

Stove light and fan - so apparently they expect you to cook only when plugged in...no 12v light and fan, so will probably add one.

Bathroom towel bars - only one bar and one ring, ordered one more of each, OEM to match correctly.

Blue light switch - way too bright at night, looking into some kind of cover that flips up and down

Stinky slinky storage tube - located so that must access before slide out extended, maybe relocate or re-orient for easy access

Speakers - no surprise they are lousy, will replace as usual...

Stove - how do you clean under the burners of the Furrion? Other units we could remove the plate but this one is a mystery that the manual does not address. Model# FS21DB4A

Anybody else find similar issues and what did you do about them?
    Last edited by Grandesigner; 10-11-2020 at 02:49 PM.
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stove - how do you clean under the burners of the Furrion? Other units we could remove the plate but this one is a mystery that the manual does not address. Model# FS21DB4A
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandesigner View Post
    We have a Furrion, but not your model. First remove the grates, then try to remove the louvre piece at the back. The sheet/metal plate that remains should slide either forward or back to release the clips that are gripping the rest of the unit. It won’t be an easy or smooth “slide”, you might need a tap with a rubber mallet, but it’s definitely NOT a “pry it up” situation.
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 260 RD and are going on our second year with it. I love everything about it and am not bothered at all about any of the things on your list. It is a great RV. Built well. Great layout. Not a single thing to fix or get warranty coverage for. Maybe you are a little picky. From what I have seen from other RV manufacturers things, could be much worse.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can download the manual for the stove here https://furrion.com/products/21-3-bu...-cast-grates-1
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Houndbb View Post
    We have a Furrion, but not your model. First remove the grates, then try to remove the louvre piece at the back. The sheet/metal plate that remains should slide either forward or back to release the clips that are gripping the rest of the unit. It won’t be an easy or smooth “slide”, you might need a tap with a rubber mallet, but it’s definitely NOT a “pry it up” situation.
    Thanks, I'll give it a shot next time I'm in there.
    Dan and Rita

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    You can download the manual for the stove here https://furrion.com/products/21-3-bu...-cast-grates-1
    Thanks, I have the manual that came with the unit. It does not address my concern though.
    Dan and Rita

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by doghauler View Post
    We have a 260 RD and are going on our second year with it. I love everything about it and am not bothered at all about any of the things on your list. It is a great RV. Built well. Great layout. Not a single thing to fix or get warranty coverage for. Maybe you are a little picky. From what I have seen from other RV manufacturers things, could be much worse.
    I'm guessing you don't dry camp and are alway plugged in? No light above the stove makes it hard to cook correctly...
    After 25 years and 5 different trailers, maybe we are a little picky, lol
    Dan and Rita

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandesigner View Post
    I'm guessing you don't dry camp and are alway plugged in? No light above the stove makes it hard to cook correctly...
    After 25 years and 5 different trailers, maybe we are a little picky, lol
    I don’t think you’re picky...we quickly forget the tent and lantern days, cooking in the dark-especially spring and fall! That said, we have the older, dungeon-dark interior model so we’ve purchased many battery operated, motion-sensor, LED lights. They’re easily mounted in any number of ways (Velcro, magnets, adhesive). Since we bought the trailer, I’ve noticed the available models are getting more battery-efficient and brighter (with more lumens).
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, almost all we do is boon-docking. We hardly ever get to be plugged in. No problem.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast