Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Upgrade coming!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Upgrade coming!

Hi everyone! New member here and hoping to get your input on my upcoming purchase. We're trading in a little Jayco Hybrid for either an Imagine XLS 23HBE or Transcend Xplor 261BH. Can anyone comment on the differences, aside from length, floor plan, etc? I'm curious if one uses better materials than the other. Also, I'll be towing with my Tundra w/ tow package. Thanks for any input!!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Odachow12 View Post
    Hi everyone! New member here and hoping to get your input on my upcoming purchase. We're trading in a little Jayco Hybrid for either an Imagine XLS 23HBE or Transcend Xplor 261BH. Can anyone comment on the differences, aside from length, floor plan, etc? I'm curious if one uses better materials than the other. Also, I'll be towing with my Tundra w/ tow package. Thanks for any input!!
    I'm not certain of all differences but there are as the Imagine line is up one level. I think that Transcend has a wood frame where the Imagine is steel. Imagine has the laminated exterior sides. I think the enterior finish is a little better. I'm certain that more knowledgeable members will chim in.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not an expert, but comparing side-by-side stats Ynot4me2 is correct that the Transcend has stick vs aluminum frame. This eats into your available payload (1,514 for the Transcend vs 1,700- for the Imagine) and also increases your max hitch weight (mebbe 750 pounds and 700 pounds, respectively). The Transcend also seems to have a larger fresh-water tank (62 vs 43 for the Imagine) ... which might give it a leg up on boondocking, but that extra 140 pounds comes right off your available payload.
    Pam and Doug
    2017 F350 (the Dragon) with 2015 GD Ref 337RLS (the Dragon's Tail)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure on Honda, I thought they needed to match. 2000i and 2000i to hook together. Confirm with Honda. Soft start helps get a/c running.

I went to 2 6vgolf cart batteries to get more amp hours and allow draw down to 50% .

Use advanced search with words like generator or winterize to see the multiple discussion in the forum.
    Bob and Cheryl, Puka the doodle
    2018 Ram 2500 Crew,Diesel,4x4
    2016 Reflection 27RL
    2012 Palomino 6.5 camper