Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gen Y executive gooseneck hitch

Any one using this
    https://genyhitch.com/product/execut...-torsion-flex/

Seems to be a better solution than the goose box as it needs no air to operate.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interested as well. Particularly if it works well with a short bed.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by palmeris View Post
    Any one using this
    https://genyhitch.com/product/execut...-torsion-flex/

Seems to be a better solution than the goose box as it needs no air to operate.
    If I remember my information correctly the Goose Box is the only one that is currently approved by Lippert and will not void any frame warranty. Checked out the web site and unless I missed it they don't say anything about frame warranty approved. Not saying this one will cause a problem but if you are still under the frame warranty you might want to go Goose Box just in case. Don't want to give Lippert any excuse to not fix a frame issue if you, heaven forbid, ever have one.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unlikely you will find anyone here using one because of the Lippert frame warranty matter... That said, it's a nicely engineered unit! I had opportunity to see it up close and personally at the RV Factory where it is commonly used on their builds.

As for the Goosebox, and owner and user of one, it does not "require" air to use. Your inflate the airbag to a pressure where you find comfort in the tow, and you'll need to add/remove air to compensate for ambient conditions and elevation. Perhaps you mean you prefer not to have an airbag. I personally prefer for the added comfort.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm using one on my 351M. I have a long bed so can't answer about using it on a short bed. I chose it over the Goosebox because I didn't want to deal with the air bag. I realized it wasn't on the Lippert approved list but I think it's a slim chance it would ever be an issue. I'm really happy with the ride from it. It really smoothed things out. I don't find connecting it to be a problem as some have said. I'm a fan of it and I have the latch version and not the pin.
    '19 Momentum 351M
    '20 Ford F-350 Powerstroke 8' bed

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Unlikely you will find anyone here using one because of the Lippert frame warranty matter... That said, it's a nicely engineered unit! I had opportunity to see it up close and personally at the RV Factory where it is commonly used on their builds.

As for the Goosebox, and owner and user of one, it does not "require" air to use. Your inflate the airbag to a pressure where you find comfort in the tow, and you'll need to add/remove air to compensate for ambient conditions and elevation. Perhaps you mean you prefer not to have an airbag. I personally prefer for the added comfort.
    So if it doesn't "require "air to use what are you inflating the bag with?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by palmeris View Post
    So if it doesn't "require "air to use what are you inflating the bag with?
    Not being a wiseguy, but I actually use nitrogen in the bag. The point 8 was trying to make is that you're not regularly/actively adjusting the bag. You *may* need to make an altitude adjustment for comfort, but not because you're anywhere near pressure limits of the bag. The bag is for cushion and the shocks for dampening. So there's not a required, quantitative pressure but instead the inflation is qualitative based on inflating to "close" the peep window and give ride comfort.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SO based on your logic tires dont "require" air either? Have you tried filling it with helium to lighten the pin weight? Not trying to argue with you but that hitch certainly requires a gaseous charge to operate, be it air, nitrogen or whatever you choose to put in there vs the GEN Y which doesnt require it. That's the point i'm trying to make
    Last edited by palmeris; 10-20-2020 at 03:47 AM.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you VPFAM5 that is the type of feedback I was looking for from folks that use the GEN Y towing a heavy load

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VPFam5 View Post
    I'm using one on my 351M. I have a long bed so can't answer about using it on a short bed. I chose it over the Goosebox because I didn't want to deal with the air bag. I realized it wasn't on the Lippert approved list but I think it's a slim chance it would ever be an issue. I'm really happy with the ride from it. It really smoothed things out. I don't find connecting it to be a problem as some have said. I'm a fan of it and I have the latch version and not the pin.
    I just purchased a Reflection 337RLS and I am really liking what I have been reading, watching on YouTube about the Gen Y. I too do not want to deal with a air bag. I like the latch version as well. Have you had any issues with the latch? Do you need to apply any pressure on the ball before you release the hitch? I watched a Mr. Truck video and that is what he showed. Wanted to hear from an actual user.
    2020 GMC Sierra Denali 3500
    2021 Reflection 337RLS
    Gen Y 5th Wheel to Gooseneck Conversion

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast