User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The latch works fine. I haven't had any issues with it not releasing. You can't have very much upward pressure on the ball and be able to release the latch, at least without having to give it a pretty good jerk. It's tricky to do it by myself while raising the front jacks, much easier when my wife raises it while I hold the latch. I'm going to change the cable and make a hook that will hold the latch open while I raise it up off the ball. My original one was the pin version and I much prefer the latch.
    '19 Momentum 351M
    '20 Ford F-350 Powerstroke 8' bed

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VPFam5 View Post
    The latch works fine. I haven't had any issues with it not releasing. You can't have very much upward pressure on the ball and be able to release the latch, at least without having to give it a pretty good jerk. It's tricky to do it by myself while raising the front jacks, much easier when my wife raises it while I hold the latch. I'm going to change the cable and make a hook that will hold the latch open while I raise it up off the ball. My original one was the pin version and I much prefer the latch.
    Thanks for the feedback. I questioned the Mr. Truck video about putting some pressure on to release, that didn't make sense to me. If you get a chance to take a photo after you change cable, would appreciate it.
    2020 GMC Sierra Denali 3500
    2021 Reflection 337RLS
    Gen Y 5th Wheel to Gooseneck Conversion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw that video also and tried it. I didn't find it to work very well. It does with a little bit of upward pressure but then it's not enough to get it above the latch. I didn't mess with it very much so could be operator error on my part.
    '19 Momentum 351M
    '20 Ford F-350 Powerstroke 8' bed

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was pointed out by another forum member that the user's manual states the the mounting bolts need to be torqued every 100 miles...is this something you perform? It seems crazy to think on a cross country trip stopping every 100 miles to re-torque?
    2021 Reflection 337RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyBear View Post
    It was pointed out by another forum member that the user's manual states the the mounting bolts need to be torqued every 100 miles...is this something you perform? It seems crazy to think on a cross country trip stopping every 100 miles to re-torque?
    I checked with Gen Y this morning and they changed that in your new user's manual. Realistically, check the torque after the first 100 miles and then maybe every 1,000 miles or so thereafter. That makes for sense to me...kinda like when you get new tires on a car/truck, dealer wants you to come in within the first 100 miles to re-torque your lugs.
    2021 Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am using the Gen Y hitch on my short bed Chevy 2500 HD 2013. I've towed a gooseneck horse trailer for years, so I am handy enough to line it up and get hitched pretty quick. When I purchased my GD Reflection 303 RLS this summer, I decided to add the B&W offset-extension to move the gooseneck ball back another 4 inches or so. I've only had it out on the road a couple of times, but I can spin it around in my horse arena and it looks like I have LOTS of turning capacity with this setup. The Reflection seems like it is riding incredible smooth without any chucking. The dealer installed the Gen Y without mentioning any Warrantee issues, and even complimented me on the choice of hitch. I still have the original Lippert 5th wheel hitch should I ever want to visit the dark side...LOL. In just about one minute, I can unhitch and have my entire bed clear. Without a Slider hitch, I also have more weight carrying capacity. I am happy with my decision.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From GEN-Y "Lippert can not void a warranty simply because you put an aftermarket part on your unit. There is an act in place called the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act that protects consumers. In the event of a failure the manufacture would have to prove without a doubt that it was the GEN-Y product that caused the failure. We have over 4000 of these on the market today and have not had one case of frame failure due to our product."
    U.S. Navy Retired
    Haz, Gin, CD, and CE

2020 Ford F450 Platinum
    2022 GDRV Solitude 378MBS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the whole void the warranty was nothing but marketing hype from Lippert to attempt to scare owners away from it since they now have exclusive OEM rights to the goose box.. here is the email response from Gen Y when I asked about lippert frame approvals....

Thank you for reaching out! As of now our product is not approved by Lippert. We have met with Jason Lippert about this issue in the past and they have expressed that GEN-Y has a great product and wanted SOLE DISTRIBUTION of the EXECUTIVE line up to put on there frames. We did not want to give them SOLE DISTRIBUTION on a product that at times we have trouble keeping on the shelves! We are still currently trying to get approval but do not have any update on that at the moment. Our pin box is direct replacement, no modifications. It doesn't add any stress to the frame but actually takes away from it.

Let us know i you have any further questions.

Thanks,
    Angela Pavlenko
    Inside Sales
    Office: 574-218-6363
    Direct: 574-285-4750
    [email protected]

Check us out on Instagram or Facebook @genyhitch or on our website at www.genyhitch.com

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haznavy View Post
    From GEN-Y "Lippert can not void a warranty simply because you put an aftermarket part on your unit. There is an act in place called the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act that protects consumers. In the event of a failure the manufacture would have to prove without a doubt that it was the GEN-Y product that caused the failure. We have over 4000 of these on the market today and have not had one case of frame failure due to our product."
    I have had mine for a year and have been very happy with it. No regrets.
    2021 Reflection 337RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just finished installing mine on our new Solitude. It has not gone out for a test drive yet but what I can say is holy crap is this thing built to stand up! Moving from a 34' TT that after a BlueOx total waist of time and putting on a ProPride 3P I can't wait to drive with GenY. I'll update after a couple of quick drives around the neighborhood

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast