User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Posting to this older thread because it's right in line with my question: For Gran and others who have installed these on Solitude did you have to re-route your propane line to the oven (that runs underneath the driver side frame)? I'm unable to get the Sumo in on that side without re-routing that line but was hoping to get some tips from anyone that did the same, before attempting the Sumo install. Doesn't appear my brake power lines will be an issue at all, just the propane line. Thanks for any tips!!

Best,
    Jeff
    Jeff & Ally
    Started in Colorado Springs, Nov 2020 - full-timers
    Navy CPO ISC (SW/AW)
    RVIA Certified Tech (L1)
    2019 Grand Design - Solitude 377MBS
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax/Allison Standard Bed SRW

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had no issues requiring rerouting of any sort. Got lucky this time...
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptPicardo View Post
    Posting to this older thread because it's right in line with my question: For Gran and others who have installed these on Solitude did you have to re-route your propane line to the oven (that runs underneath the driver side frame)? I'm unable to get the Sumo in on that side without re-routing that line but was hoping to get some tips from anyone that did the same, before attempting the Sumo install. Doesn't appear my brake power lines will be an issue at all, just the propane line. Thanks for any tips!!

Best,
    Jeff
    Jeff, I had no issues with LPG lines. The electric brake wires were the closest “concern,” but they rest along the side of my L/R Sumo Spring & only make contact when the axle is extended away from the frame (e.g., when the left side is raised high enough to lift the wheel off the ground). Hope this helps! -Diego

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptPicardo View Post

Best,
    Jeff
    Hi Jeff , I installed Sumo Springs on 21/3/2021 on My 2016 27RL. Luckily no Lines to move. Sumo Springs supplies with each set a kit with brackets and extensions to help with moving lines and wiring. Hope this helps. Easy install, only took a couple of hours for the whole trailer.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We will pick up our 2021 Solitude in a week or two, and have traded a Heartland Bighorn with shock absorbers. The shocks on the Bighorn definitely helped the ride, but the angled installation was not the most efficient setup. Still, I have been concerned about the lack of shocks on the new trailer.

Thanks for posting your experience! I have Timbren springs on my F350 and they make a huge difference. I'm going to follow your lead and add these to my rig!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On Sumos installation on a travel trailer, did it require adjusting the WD hitch? Seems like I read it raised the trailer slightly.

Thanks,
    Dave
    2022 Imagine 2670MK - ProPride - TV Ram 1500
    2018 Isata-3 24FW - Toad 2019 Wrangler 2.0 Turbo
    2015 Tiffin Allegro 36LA - Toad 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
    2011 Spree 323RLS, 2007 Zeppelin 281- TV Armada

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think it raised my trailer by much at all, just prevents downward travel in a controlled fashion...
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put them on my Isata 3 24FW with the MB chassis & they worked very well in dampening the rocking when exiting a gas station. Good product.
    2022 Imagine 2670MK - ProPride - TV Ram 1500
    2018 Isata-3 24FW - Toad 2019 Wrangler 2.0 Turbo
    2015 Tiffin Allegro 36LA - Toad 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
    2011 Spree 323RLS, 2007 Zeppelin 281- TV Armada

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for responses to my query. I'm going to give it a go during our next 3 week stop. I think I'll be able to re-route LPG with the available slack but it's going to be "interesting"...worst case I'll get some specialized expertise (or task my brother-in-law to assist/support. Will let you all know how it goes. I put the Sumos on the truck and really like them so anxious to get these on the 5er.

Thanks,
    Jeff
    Jeff & Ally
    Started in Colorado Springs, Nov 2020 - full-timers
    Navy CPO ISC (SW/AW)
    RVIA Certified Tech (L1)
    2019 Grand Design - Solitude 377MBS
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax/Allison Standard Bed SRW

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put on Sumos and like them - a lot. I think they took out some bounce I didn't like on wash-board roads (i.e. most roads).

I had already upgraded to MorRyde's SRE 4000 system including x-braces. I talked to MorRyde before doing it. They suggested shocks would probably defeat the purpose of the SRE 4000 but seemed OK with Sumos (not sure why).

I have not ruled out an IS upgrade in the future. But, for now, I'm find with my set up.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast