User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just closing out my add on this topic:I was able to re-route the propane line, brake lines and got the Sumos installed today. Actual install is quick unless you have to do all that extra re-routing. Looking forward to trying them out after we leave VA.
    Jeff & Ally
    Started in Colorado Springs, Nov 2020 - full-timers
    Navy CPO ISC (SW/AW)
    RVIA Certified Tech (L1)
    2019 Grand Design - Solitude 377MBS
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax/Allison Standard Bed SRW

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Curious for anyone that has installed these while under factory warranty...has there been any discussion with Grand Design about how the installation of these will affect the frame warranty?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DECelt View Post
    Curious for anyone that has installed these while under factory warranty...has there been any discussion with Grand Design about how the installation of these will affect the frame warranty?
    Grand Design does not warrant the frame. Lippert, the frame manufacturer does. That is where to check for yourself. Most of the time no one gets edgy till it's a home-grown modification.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Folks,

Just a quick update on my experience so far on the Sumo Springs now that I’ve had them for several thousand miles. I know @geotex1 had asked for an update earlier in this thread.

First, the installation did NOT change the clearance height on my trailer. I don’t think your clearance will change as long as you install them with a preload no-greater-than 1/2” which was indicated in the installation instructions. The kit comes with shims of varying heights to achieve the proper preload. I did not have to change my hitch-height & it did not increase my clearance. The kit also comes with parts to re-route your LPG line if needed. I did not need to re-route my LPG line on my install. @CaptPicardo had to re-route his LPG line & seems to have been fairly straightforward.

Second, it seems to me that the highways are getting much worse. Since the Sumo Spring installation, I have really put our trailer over some crappy pothole-riddled roads, and I will say that I am impressed with how effective the Sumo Springs have been in performing their primary function of absorbing the “shock” from pavement.

Safe travels! -Diego

2017 Ford F350 DRW 6.7L Custom Ordered
    2018 GD Solitude 310GK
    40,900+Miles
    "Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself." -Potter Stewart

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On our Solitude I ultimately installed the Roadmaster shock kit. Only put a few hundred miles on them before winter slumber but noticed a solid difference on the concrete highway where it really was smoother over the joints. The harshness across some lousy railroad crossings I have to traverse was also gone. These improvements were enough to feel good about the spend and time to install.

Just wrapped this up on friends' Forest River. Look closely, you'll see a lot of changes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image000002.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	33182
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a few trips and several hundred miles on the Sumo Springs. They are a noticeable improvement and eliminated the proposing issue I had. However, I still got a lot of energy transfer from the trailer to my truck on a few select roads. I decided to add the Boss hitch from GEN-Y to my WDH setup. I have not been back to those roads yet, but my test runs while readjusting my WDH have been great. Gen-Y claims that their hitch limits 90% of the energy transfer to the truck. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	712E78B9-4AA3-41E7-A924-629CCC01E7F8_1_105_c.jpeg 
Views:	33 
Size:	431.4 KB 
ID:	33183

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After reading of your success with the Sumo Springs, I just ordered them for our 2018 Reflection 303rls. Looking forward to smooth travels! Thank you very much everyone!
    Happy campers! / Lorna & Eric and our little furball, Finnan, Canandaigua, NY
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali HD 6.6L Duramax Turbo Diesel, Allison 6 speed transmission, 5th wheel setup, Pullrite SuperGlide 20k
    2018 Reflection 303RLS Built 3/2018, Dual AC's

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hard to tell from looking at them. Are sumo springs an air bag to stiffen up the suspension? Or some kind of dampener for the leaf springs?
    Sounds like you guys are talking shocks, but sumo calls them 'springs'?
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More of a dampener, very stiff foam material...to cushion against upward motion of the axle only.
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nyfingerlakes View Post
    After reading of your success with the Sumo Springs, I just ordered them for our 2018 Reflection 303rls. Looking forward to smooth travels! Thank you very much everyone!
    Which ones did you order? We have a 303RLS as well. 5200# axles so I'm thinking the TSS-107-47 for GAWR 5000-8500?
    Last edited by Scott'n'Wendy; 04-09-2021 at 08:12 AM.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast