User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DECelt View Post
    Update....after several thousand more miles. I would say that I am satisfied...very satisfied...with the Sumos. Not as effective at oscillation control as shocks...but also easier to install and less out of pocket. All in all, a very big improvement...and enough of an improvement to not need to look any further. I have changed my mind....all things considered, I would do the Sumo springs again. [emoji41]

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
    I do mine this weekend.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DECelt View Post
    Update....after several thousand more miles. I would say that I am satisfied...very satisfied...with the Sumos. Not as effective at oscillation control as shocks...but also easier to install and less out of pocket. All in all, a very big improvement...and enough of an improvement to not need to look any further. I have changed my mind....all things considered, I would do the Sumo springs again. [emoji41]

I've had Sumos on my past two trucks. Both SRW. They really help with squat and roll. Installed the black ones (TSS-107-47) on the Solitude 3 weeks ago and camped the following weekend. The drive was definitely better then before, less chucking and swaying. As mentioned in several posts, it took longer to relocated the gas line then the actual installation. I've never had anything but leaf springs but they are definitely an improvement.

JaC
    U.S. Air Force Retired
    2021 Solitude S-Class 3550BH-R | SumoSprings Trailer Helper Spring | Morryde Rubber Pin Box | Disk Brakes (Stop Your Trailer)
    2020 F350 | SRW | SB | Platinum | 6.7 Diesel | 4x4 | PullRite SuperGlide Hitch 20K

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did mine this weekend. I can say, just pulling it around the neighborhood back to the storage lot, what a HUGE difference! Now to put them on the truck!
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update and report after towing with Sumos after 9100 miles...... my DS tires are all cupped on the inside.

I had the rig aligned right before this years trip so I’m pretty sure that isn’t the problem. Although it was aligned without the sumos. AND... I had frame work done right over the tires from rear of the rearmost hanger to in front of the front most spring hanger. So... maybe something got messed up. (I posted about that in July or August.)

I am, however, going to remove the Sumos from the trailer. And flyer Inget new tires I’ll be back in the alignment shop.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Update and report after towing with Sumos after 9100 miles...... my DS tires are all cupped on the inside.

I had the rig aligned right before this years trip so I’m pretty sure that isn’t the problem. Although it was aligned without the sumos. AND... I had frame work done right over the tires from rear of the rearmost hanger to in front of the front most spring hanger. So... maybe something got messed up. (I posted about that in July or August.)

I am, however, going to remove the Sumos from the trailer. And flyer Inget new tires I’ll be back in the alignment shop.
    Wow, that's unfortunate. That all makes it hard to pin point what cause it.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed Road Master Active suspension on my truck and never looked back. I highly recommend them for stability, support, and overall handling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The dealer installed mine. They are still installing other upgrades before I pick it up. I think the last big thing that they have to install are the MORryde crossmembers.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B27115B5-2E6D-4EC4-A5E7-DA4964A8E4FB.jpeg 
Views:	34 
Size:	110.2 KB 
ID:	37945Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2DAAA0C3-D481-46BD-9740-ABC334B85F02.jpeg 
Views:	33 
Size:	105.0 KB 
ID:	37946
    Diane and Mike
    2022 280RS. Onan generator, Sumo Springs, MORyde crossmembers, hardwired surge protector
    2015 F-350 DRW 4x4 6.7L Power Stroke Feed Truck. 4.10s, front & rear stabilizer bars, Andersen 3221-TBX
    2021 Thor Chateau 22E Class C (retired) & 1970 Pop-Up Camper (retired - saw much of Western Europe)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure seems like those Sumo's would put extra downforce load on the tires when hitting spots like overpasses where the trailer would want to bounce.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ They are not like shocks that want to expand quickly. They provide more of a spongy cushion action against sudden upward motion of the suspension, a very hard sponge, lol
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    Sure seems like those Sumo's would put extra downforce load on the tires when hitting spots like overpasses where the trailer would want to bounce.
    They do not slow oscillation like a shock, but they do cushion and limit leaf spring travel. I was a bit skeptical, but they were easier to install than shocks so I thought that I would try them. I'd say that they're "good enough". They make a big difference. They actually serve to eliminate some of the stresses on the spring hangers ..a frequent source of failure. They may put more stress on the frame, but I have never heard of any problems caused by them. IMO, if you plan on putting on lots of miles, you need these or shocks. Shocks have their issues too...

DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678